Advice please!!!

Options
kblaine92
kblaine92 Posts: 16 Member
I have been using MFP for a little over a week now and I have been doing well with it. I am only trying to lose 6-8lbs. My calorie intake a day is "1200" and I've been just fine with that..some days I don't make 1200 calories. I was a horrible eater before (chips, sweets, soda) and now I have been watching what I eat, counting everything and only drinking water. I need education advice (I guess you could call it) on carbs, fats, and calories. When I am shopping for Meats I find that they are high in Calories and Fat so I started buying Turkey burgers and Veggie burgers. I've only been looking at how many grams of fat something has along with calories.. am I doing this right or am I missing out on a bunch of yummy food that I could have in my new "diet" (I consider this my new eating habit".

I don't have time to go to the gym and I basically sit at a desk all day so on lunch I'll usually walk, try to do a lot of outside activities with my children, and I would like to start working out at home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TIA :)

Replies