Do I have a good plan?

Options
I'm 147lbs, 5'7 and 23 years old. Normally you would say hey that's a good weight but to be honest I have made bad health choices up to this point in my life and I WILL fix it.

Right now I am "skinny fat" someone who looks skinny in clothes but once you take them away they are anything but skinny. My arms are very thin, my butt is all jiggly fat, my legs/thighs are muscular but fatty, my stomach is large and my chest is just skin and bones. I hate my current body :(

Okay so with that out of the way im new to this. My goal is to tighten my body and build some muscle. Problem is I can not go to a gym and am limited to home exercises with dumbbells.

I found this workout program below and just completed day 1,
http://hasfit.com/warrior-90-day-workout-routine-exercise-program-fitness-schedule-work-out-plan/

Can someone tell me if this program would be able to get me my goal? I want to tone, lose the fat I have and build muscle. Also if anyone else has any links to another home exercise program I could do please let me know.

I also have some questions below
- how many calories should I consume? im trying to lose weight and put on muscle
- if I do one 15 min exercise a day is that enough? I really dont feel like it is.
- how long until I can start seeing results?
- is late night eating bad, even if its something healthy like a bowel of grapes/watermelon for example.

Again I know this post is all over the place but I really am new and I guess I am confused. If anyone can link me to any useful exercises, answer my questions and just give me any kind of feedback I would be so grateful.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with the program you've listed, so I can't answer about hat.

- how many calories should I consume? im trying to lose weight and put on muscle

That is going to depend on your stats and goals. There are two popular ways to set-up your calorie goals around here. I really like this post, which explains both of them: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

- if I do one 15 min exercise a day is that enough? I really dont feel like it is.

If you're trying to put on muscle, probably not.

- how long until I can start seeing results?

You're going to need to give any plan a while to work. It could be several weeks or several months, depending on the kind of results you're looking for.

- is late night eating bad, even if its something healthy like a bowel of grapes/watermelon for example.

Late night eating is perfectly fine as long as it fits into your calorie and macro goals and doesn't cause you any sleep problems.