Thanks to all you bullies!

Options
stephanieluvspb
stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
I'm a nurse, not a RD so when I started doing mfp I put my info in, what my goals were and bam....1240 calories a day. I just logged my food and didnt have many friends and didnt utilize the site. So I've been doing that and losing weight also BUT by dinner I was so dang hungry and didn't have many calories left. I was binging once or twice a week! Frustrated!! So I started looking through the forums and I see all these posts about 1200 calories too low, it is ok to eat "normal" food. WHAT!! NO!! So very reluctantly I changed my settings to 1 pound a week and my activity to light and I gained 250 calories!! I've been doing this for 3 weeks now and I feel awesome!! I'm not hungry, don't binge, eat all the foods I love, have huge amounts of energy and I've lost 4 pounds!!! Ok ok its not much.....yet but I know I will continue to succeed!
I read these posts and the responses of "your a bully" always make me laugh, i mean the "bullies" have lost so much and really know what they are talking about! Why can't people just listen to advise and try it! I did and things are going great! You guys can bully me anytime you like! ;)

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    People being helpful = bullying? Huh, learn something new..
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    OJySVJS.gif
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

I think she means that other people call it bullying but she's calling it tough love!
  • Sinisterly
    Options

I think she means that other people call it bullying but she's calling it tough love!
    o ok

Not quoted in thread name, but quoted in body of post tends to cause confusion :3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Because many don't want to believe that weight loss happens without suffering.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just listen to advise and try it?

Because everybody is different and some of these bullies treat people like they're stupid.

Just as you've discovered that MFP's automatic calorie recommendation doesn't work for you, others have discovered that it does. Some people can eat whatever they want in moderation and stay within their calorie limit. Others have to restrict things like bread, pasta, or starchy plants in entirely because these foods make them hungrier, causing them to exceed their calorie goal. Some people can moderate the sweets they eat; for others sugar is like crack and a little bit leaves them insanely craving more.

Some bullies act like there's only one way to lose weight and if it's not working for a particular person than they're just not doing it right.

But I'm glad you found a method that works for you. Congratulations, and keep it up!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    We both appear to appreciate sarcasm yet you completely misunderstood my post
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    We both appear to appreciate sarcasm yet you completely misunderstood my post
    Read above :3
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just listen to advise and try it?

Because everybody is different and some of these bullies treat people like they're stupid.

Just as you've discovered that MFP's automatic calorie recommendation doesn't work for you, others have discovered that it does. Some people can eat whatever they want in moderation and stay within their calorie limit. Others have to restrict things like bread, pasta, or starchy plants in entirely because these foods make them hungrier, causing them to exceed their calorie goal. Some people can moderate the sweets they eat; for others sugar is like crack and a little bit leaves them insanely craving more.

Some bullies act like there's only one way to lose weight and if it's not working for a particular person than they're just not doing it right.

Preach!
    Though you'll find individuals like that all across the internet, unfortunately. :(
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    In just to say....HAPPY NATIONAL NURSES' WEEK!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I once replied to a thread where the OP wasn't measuring or weighing foods, and was taking diet pills, and wasn't losing.

I told her she needs to weigh everything, stop the pills because there's no magic quick fix and they weren't working anyway and to just eat at a deficit.
    Well she didn't like that reply at all and started a whole new thread about how mean everyone was and that she was so let down by the replies she got.

A few months went by and I got a private message, it was her! She said she bought a scale, realized she was really eating 3,400 calories a day, not the 1390 or whatever that she had thought. And she thanked me and said she was sorry.

so I guess being "mean" helped her to see what she was doing wrong. (even though I don't think I was mean at all, I was just calling it like I see it)
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I've been called a bully on these forums. So, you're welcome.