So I'm a 18 year old scrawny male

Options
I'm looking to get my abs toned up by the end of July then a muscle build up by September possibly?
I have never worked out and I'm kind of lost on where to even start. I weigh about 139 Ibs. I'm scrawny but my chest and stomach is kind of flabby.

Is there anywhere I can start? Looking to start kind of lightly/(or hard if needed) I want to lose from 1 to 1.5 Ibs. A week, but keep in min did also really like to build up abs this is my main focus.

Any tips to help would be appreciated thank you !

Replies

• ryanh89
    ryanh89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you need to start by researching weight lifting big time, people gain muscle and mass by eating ALOT and lifting ALOT, mixed in with a little cardio, and you're well on your way.

Make sure you're ingesting good food though, not pizza, cookies, etc etc.

Last but not least... Protein shakes are your best friend :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get my abs toned up by the end of July then a muscle build up by September possibly?
    I have never worked out and I'm kind of lost on where to even start. I weigh about 139 Ibs. I'm scrawny but my chest and stomach is kind of flabby.

Is there anywhere I can start? Looking to start kind of lightly/(or hard if needed) I want to lose from 1 to 1.5 Ibs. A week, but keep in min did also really like to build up abs this is my main focus.

Any tips to help would be appreciated thank you !

How tall are you? Your main focus should not be abs, it should be getting strong and building some muscle