Joining the gym - how to get over fear?

Options
13»

Replies

• MeanNurseGM95
    MeanNurseGM95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was terrified when I started four months ago. My biggest fear was being the fat lady falling in front of everyone. Guess what it happened. I knocked over some stuff made a lot of noise and landed in the arms of several sweaty hot guys leaving a basketball court. I realized it wasn't that big of a deal and no one even really paid attention. The guys I fell into made sure I was ok and I went right back to working out. Since then I realized there is nothing to be afraid of now.
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I dont think its vanity...my only suggestion would be to remember that you are there for you. Dont let fear slow you down or side track you. I was nervous stepping into the gym at 330 with all these fit kids and women (who were all working harder then I was capable of and lifting more than me) It can be intimidating, but once you become a regular face in the gym you will get the good mornings, hellos, how are you doing etc, and it will become more fimiliar, it will become a place of comfort and stability in your life.
  • scooter825
    scooter825 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You don't need to worry at all. Nobody will be judging you and if they are it is probably nothing but good thoughts. I often see people in the gym that are, well lets just say quite far away from their goals, and i think to myself "That person is a lot more determined than me", and I admire them greatly. And don't be afraid to ask questions, as stated earlier 99 pct of people are more than glad to help or give pointers.