Fussy Eating Issues

Hiya, I was hoping I might be able to get some advice. One of my biggest challenges with trying to lose weight and eat healthier is my fussy eating issues. I have problems with certain types of textures (ie: hate the texture of cooked veggies so i stick to all raw veggies except potato which i have cooked). I was taking a lettuce/carrot salad with chicken to add in it for lunch every day to work but .. it got old fast. I guess the struggle is - does anyone have any advice/suggestions on how to help me liven my lunch up at work so i'm not tempted to hit maccas/subway/chinese for lunch every day because its boring and i'm sick of it? Is there anyone else out there with fussy eating habbits who has overcome them?

Replies

• pinksmama
    pinksmama Posts: 40
    Well, there are a lot more veggies to be eaten raw besides carrots and lettuce.. so, there's lots of things to chose from to liven things.

I want to comment on the fussy eating bit but it's late and I've had a long day.. so.. eh.
  • PlayLove
    PlayLove Posts: 4
    I like to bring lunches that don't need to stay cold. Sometimes I pack a zip lock sandwich bag with spinach leaves. I might add other vegetables into that too, like, carrots, green beans, sprouts, cucumber, peppers, celery or other vegetables. Then I add protein. I like Life's Basics Vanilla protein powder to mix with water. It's pretty simple if done simply. Another protein might be a low-fat protein bar, nuts and seeds, or canned tuna fish. I like to have fruit like an apple, banana, blueberries or something good like that. I try to eat gluten free, so, I'll add a grain like quinoa, or a gluten free choice.
    I am going to try some new stir fry recipes. These options, if done vegan, might be great for lunch. Lots of spices like ginger and curry powder would change the whole flavor of the food to eat.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    Blended soups, add grated veges to casseroles, bolognaise etc...buy the cook book which was intended for fussy kids...how to hide veges in cooked food, not sure of its title but I am sure if you google you will find it.