edited September 22 in Recipes
3 1/2 Tbsp of nonfat Mayo
1/2 Tbsp of Mustard
1 egg white
2 (5 oz) cans of tuna water drained
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 green onions
4 whole wheat buns

Combine mayo, mustard, and egg white in a bowl and stir well. Add tuna, onions,and bread crumbs. Mix well. Divide into 4 equal patties. Coat skillet with spray cooking oil. Place over medium heat and cook 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place on bun with your favorite condiments.

Serves 4
Calories 290
Fat 4g
Protein 25g
Carb 38g
Fiber 5g
Calcium 93mg
Iron 3mg

I actually use the Sara Lee 80 Calorie buns and that cuts some Calories off and then I added Fat free American cheese for 25 more Calories. I topped with Light Miracle whip. Mine amounted to 269 calories per serving. Enjoy!

Replies

• shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    I'll have to try this sometime!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    sounds good, my mom use to make something similiar to this when we were growing up but she didnt put it in a bun .She also did a salmon loaf that was similiar, It was very good. I will have to try this
  • Thanks, will be making this.:flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i love tuna in a can so i'm definitely looking forward to trying this....
    thanks for sharing
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    I like this recipe and I will try it. I am thinking that I can do the patties with lef over salmon too. I bought once salmon burgers at Trader Joe's but they were too salty for my taste.

Thank you for sharing.:smile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Sounds very good. I make Tuna burgers frequently. The only suggestion I have is try getting Tuna in your fish department at the grocery store. You can get it fresh frozen, usually where the frozern shrimp is. I chop it up with green onions, wasabi mayo, add a few bread crumbs and an egg and fry it up as I would a crab cake. Delicious.

If you're a little adventurous and like spice, add a little Vietnamese Chili paste.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Bump
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    sounds yummy, but not sure I could get my hubby to eat them. I could always make this for me when I make burgers for dinner. The rest of the fam can eat the beef (or turkey, they wouldn't know).

My mom always made salmon patties growing up and they were super good. But we didn't eat them on a bun. I should try making those again sometime...
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Yum! I will have to try this!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    bump
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Sounds great! Maybe it will replace my beloved tuna patties (tuna, egg, crackers) Not sure how I will replace the Mac and Cheese we always eat with tuna patties.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    bump
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.