Wii Fit

Options
Does anyone else do the Wii Fit? I received it as a birthday present in August and really didn't use it much, the kids did and now I have decided that it is TIME! My 13yo daughter and I started doing yoga on the wii and have totally enjoyed it! Although I am no where near ready to start going to yoga studio and making a fool of myself! Does anyone out there that does the wii fit have any luck with it being a good venue for exercise?

Replies

• bcmallwalker
    Options
    Hi Laurie,

We got one for Christmas last year. At 1st I used it a lot. I also like the yoga and also the step aerobics & biking around the island. I enjoyed some of the other activities also. Unfortunately, our sound card died and we haven't gotten it fixed. I have been thinking about starting to do the yoga again, I think I could do that w/o the sound.

Good Luck, :flowerforyou:

Debbie (bcmallwalker)
  • ljkc92
    ljkc92 Posts: 5
    Options
    I use the WII fit as a source of exercise when I work late. I would not recommend it as a daily tool, as it can become boring. My teenage daughter and I used it religiously when we first got it for about a month, and then it became same o same. I would recommend the Jillian Michaels Wii Video and alternate the two. With Jillian you can customize your work out and really see results between the two.

Good Luck
    ~~~Jaime
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit will help you gain balance and do some minor toning. It follows an eastern philosophy of fitness.
    EA Sports Active for Wii involves more cardio and strength training. It follows an eastern philosophy of fitness.
    EA Sports will be releasing Active 2.0 in the second week of November.
  • havfaith
    Options
    I use the wii fit plus everyday! I love though i been doing the same exercises. I need to change and mix them up.
  • lauriecilley
    lauriecilley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys for the great advice! I am definitely checking out those two wii videos! I'm sorry your sound card died, I hope you get it fixed soon! I can see how it could get boring, we also do Just Dance, of which I love! Again, thanks for all the great advice guys! Its very appreciated!
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    I just bought the wii fit this past weekend but has not used it yet. I cam uber excited to mess with it and I am def going to look into that Jillian Michaels game for it also. I would like something to do at night after my son goes to bed for when I don't make it to the gym.
  • lauriecilley
    Options
    My idea behind wanting it is I dont have time for the gym, so it's something I can do at home and its something kids enjoy too! You should also check into the Just Dance game for the wii, its soooo much fun and believe me you get exercise doing allll that dancing besides its fun music too!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I do about ten minutes on the original wii fit, usually yoga, step aerobics and hula hooping, then 20-30 minutes on EA sports active, currently doing the 30 day challenge and love it, it gives you a structured workout and you can select how intense a workout you want to do. EA sports gets me sweatier than wii fit and burns more calories :) I like boxing on wii sports too, can definately feel it in my arms afterwards!
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    I saw the commercials for Just Dance this past weekend. I was wondering if it was a good workout, thanks I'm going to see if I can get my hands on it;-)
  • lauriecilley
    Options
    I'm definitely going to check out the EA Sports! I think my kids will like it too! Thanks!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind the Wii Fit. the Wii Fit Plus is more fun. Right now I'm on to the EA Active and have Gold's Gym Dance workout. I've tried the Jillian Michelle game but I really didn't find it that fun.
  • MrsG12345
    MrsG12345 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Wii Fit, but I do have Gold's Gym Dance Workout for the Wii and also Just Dance (and about to get Just Dance 2)!! I have had gym memberships in the past, and it's such a hassle to go. Getting ready, 10 minutes to get there and 10 minutes to get back, I could've already done the workout at home. So this is MUCH better for me!! There just isn't enough time in my day for a gym! Wii Fit is next on my list (probably Christmas).
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I re-started exercising by using my Wii for motivation last winter, and if it wasn't for all the great tracking they have on the different games I think motivation would have been difficult for me to get where I am now. I started off with Wii Fit. Got bored with that, and expanded out to Golds Gym Cardio workout-which is a fun cardioboxing game. Think dance dance revolution, only with punches!
    Here are the Wii games I tried:
    Wii fit plus-better than regular Wii fit, it puts exercises together into a workout for you, just better features in my opinion.
    My fitness coach-the first one, not fitness coach 2. The first one was the most cardio intensive for me, I really had DOMS afterwards. It's not interactive but I still really liked it alot.
    Biggest loser-I ended up returning that one. The sensors were not responsive to me and I got bored/frustrated.
    EA Active- and Active more workouts- This is my favorite, it is SUCH a good workout. Tons of exercises, modifications, you don't get bored. If you had to pick one, this is the one I would recommend. Like another poster mentioned, they are coming out with a second upgrade next month, it's more expensive but the new one apparently comes with a heart rate monitor and you don't need to hold onto the Wii remote or nunchuk for sensing movements.

I have also heard good things about Just Dance and Walk It Out.