Shakeology HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am reading this while drinking a chocolate shakeology mix with just water! All the tips on there are great and I completely agree. The colder the beverage the better the taste and the more completely mixed the better. It took a little getting used to, but I like (enjoy) drinking my Shakeolog with just water. I can get a cold water at any gas station, if I am on the go. I also use the "Blender Bottle" to shake it up. I got mine at Rite Aid in the nutrition section. Comes with a little wire wisk ball that shakes all around in the cup. Also, 10-12 oz of water thins it out a bit.

The cleanse is wonderful, but can be a little hard at the end. If you are in fairly good shape and eat generally well most of the time, 2 days will be enough to do the trick.

Best of luck!
  • toberlili
    Options
    I haven't done a cleanse, but this sounds like an unhealthy option that may actually work against you in the long run. I mean, aside from the fact that almost nothing is going to make that chemical sluge palateable, you aren't doing your body any favors by shocking it with starvation treatments- you will just screw with your metabolisim in an unhealthy way and leave yourself feeling hungry and cranky

If you are looking to "flush" your system a bit, you might consider including some natural diuretics into your diet for a few days- leeks, raisins/other dried fruit. It won't give you dramatic results, but I find it adds a bit of a kick in my week if I have them the majority of the days of my week.

this is not chemical, the is plant derived and all natural, vegan, and is the equivelant of eating 5 servings of veggies and it is not starving yourself:flowerforyou: . go to www.shakeology.com/toberlili if you want more info for those who havent seen what it is exactly.. i agree with one of the post, this is not the way to start shakeology, it taste awesome with milk and a blender, when you dont blend it well its like little pieces of cocoa powder, and ya that wouldnt be appealing. water does alter the taste. good luck to you and if you need more ideas ask your coach. :flowerforyou:
  • reillymorgan
    Options
    shakeology is made with some of the BEST ingredients in the world. thats why it's so expensive and it is so healthy! I find it incredibly sweet and I just drank mine for breakfast. I made it in a blender with about 1 to 1/2 cups of plain almond milk, 1 heaping tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and 3 ice cubes. It is insanely rich and almost too sweet. I recommend lowering the amount of powder if it is toooo chocolaty or sweet, It sucks you don't like it! Hopefully, adding other things will help (:
    A banana, some cinnamon & nutmeg, and rum extract is the recipe for the bananas foster shake.
    Orange zest & juice is really good with the chocolate, also!
    Lastly, if you freeze some strong coffee into ice cube trays, you can add 4 or 5 of those along with the powder and some water. It's very delicious!
  • cristibrooke
    Options
    HI, sorry to hear that you don't like the flavor of the Chocolate Shakeology! Everyone has different tastes but I personally love both flavors. After my first cleanse I no longer use milk when making the chocolate - I drank Skim anyways so it wasn't that big of a switch for me to only use water. I like to use extracts to help flavor the shakes without adding very many calories because a little goes a LONG way! One of my favorite ways to make the chocolate in the AM is to use 1 to 1.5 cups of cold brewed coffee and just a little peppermint extract, blend with a cup of ice - tastes just like my beloved Peppermint Mocha Frapp! For the greenberry I will use 1/4 - 1/2 cup of orange juice (Simply Orange) 1/2 -3/4 cup water, and a little coconut extract, blend with a cup of ice. The team I work with is wonderful and are always posting new "recipes" for the shakeology. My team leader posted this a few months ago and when I have a craving for something sweet and "bad" - this is my go to recipe:

Butterfinger Blizzard Recipe:

1.1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
    2.4oz Almond Milk or Skim Milk
    3.4-6 oz water
    4.2 Tbs pb2 natural peanut butter or regular
    5.2 Tbs Jello sugar-free/ fat-free Butterscotch Pudding powder
    6.Ice to taste.
  • cristibrooke
    Options
    HI, sorry to hear that you don't like the flavor of the Chocolate Shakeology! Everyone has different tastes but I personally love both flavors. After my first cleanse I no longer use milk when making the chocolate - I drank Skim anyways so it wasn't that big of a switch for me to only use water. I like to use extracts to help flavor the shakes without adding very many calories because a little goes a LONG way! One of my favorite ways to make the chocolate in the AM is to use 1 to 1.5 cups of cold brewed coffee and just a little peppermint extract, blend with a cup of ice - tastes just like my beloved Peppermint Mocha Frapp! For the greenberry I will use 1/4 - 1/2 cup of orange juice (Simply Orange) 1/2 -3/4 cup water, and a little coconut extract, blend with a cup of ice. The team I work with is wonderful and are always posting new "recipes" for the shakeology. My team leader posted this a few months ago and when I have a craving for something sweet and "bad" - this is my go to recipe:

Butterfinger Blizzard Recipe:

1.1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
    2.4oz Almond Milk or Skim Milk
    3.4-6 oz water
    4.2 Tbs pb2 natural peanut butter or regular
    5.2 Tbs Jello sugar-free/ fat-free Butterscotch Pudding powder
    6.Ice to taste.