TV/Internet

Options
Instead of just sitting in the chair or on the couch watching tv...do you exercise while watching a show/movie?? What exercises do you do and for how long?

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    bench press the nearest cat....
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha! I have two dogs...around 25-30 pounds each...if I could manage one in each hand that would work wonders on my arms! lol. :0)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    When I am watching TV I am a slug in my recliner..
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me too! I keep thinking, "I should be moving" but it almost never happens. I keep trying sit-ups or push-ups (Haha I can't do a push-up and I look like a retard trying to get off the ground when doing sit-ups haha! I've been doing toe-touches which probably does nothing and some squats here and there when I can. I'm still doing the walk at home videos but sometimes I wanna do something different lol.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Only finger exercises.....asdf jkl: (as my laptop is on my lap while my butt's firmly in the recliner) :bigsmile:

Oh, and am working on my carpal tunnel as the wireless rodent resides on the arm of the recliner (and at times I do knock it over and have to lean over the arm to retrieve it, does that count as working out? Or perhaps when it flies across the floor I then have to actually get up and walk over to it, bend down to pick it up & then carry it back to the recliner):noway:
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who got rid of their couch and chairs. Now they only have their kitchen table chairs (family of 5). So they either sit on the floor or stand or dance around the house ('cause of all that extra room). I type this while sitting in a comfy chair ... but would love to have the guts to try to go japanese-style minimalist.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    No way in hell would I exercise while watching tv. Keep in mind that the only time I sit down ALL day (aside from using the restroom and driving in the car) is for a couple hours in the evening. It's also the only time the tv is even on. It's my only time to relax and not have anything to "do" so I don't! I love it.