College Student looking to lose studying induced fat

Options
Stewie622
Stewie622 Posts: 20 Member
Hello al!!
I am a junior in college and am working toward becoming a pharmacy technician and eventually pharmacist. I want to lose tenish pounds and lose the fat I have accumulated over these past few years of inactivity (damn you studying!). Anyone have some tips for a newbie?
Thanks,
Stewie622

Replies

• sabrinajanek
    Options
    food wise : detox's are good to flush out anything bad in your system and give you a fresh kick start to losing weight :) grapefruits and green teas are good for burning fat initially too. Then eating natural foods is best, limit processed foods anything packaged , refined sugars, high fats and salts etc. eat Unlimited amounts of vegetables, they have zero fat and can actually fill you up if you eat enough.
    Lots and lots of water :)

Exercise wise; do something you enjoy. You won't be motivated or committed enough to exercise if its not an activity you really like. Once you start you'll enjoy it more and it'll get easier too!

To be honest ten pounds isn't a lot to lose and you'd shed it a lot quicker than you think once you get going ! good luck :)
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm graduating in a few weeks and I must say I picked up some terrible skills in college - I can make ANYTHING in a microwave, from chicken to cake, and I even bought a scooter to not have to walk up and down hills on campus.

Tips for a newbie:
    1. Water is more important than you think
    2. Warm up, then stretch before trying anything new
    3. Have fun and be nice to yourself

ETA: Didn't even see you only had 10lb to lose. You'll be there in no time!
  • Stewie622
    Options
    Thanks to you both! And the ten pounds is more of a numerical thing I want to lose. I really want to lose body fat and get strong. I am hesitant in the weight iifting section of the gym- any ideas for a great workout plan? I mean damn ottersandseal, your profile pic if what I want! How did you do it???
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i go to school full-time, then work the remainder of my day. i workout every morning, and keep my diary pretty clean, you're welcome to add me if you'd like :)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    food wise : detox's are good to flush out anything bad in your system and give you a fresh kick start to losing weight :) grapefruits and green teas are good for burning fat initially too. Then eating natural foods is best, limit processed foods anything packaged , refined sugars, high fats and salts etc. eat Unlimited amounts of vegetables, they have zero fat and can actually fill you up if you eat enough.

What? No. Grapefruit and green tea don't burn fat, you don't need a detox and ANY calories over what you need will cause you to gain weight, so don't eat unlimited vegetables...
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Exercise wise; do something you enjoy. You won't be motivated or committed enough to exercise if its not an activity you really like. Once you start you'll enjoy it more and it'll get easier too!

To be honest ten pounds isn't a lot to lose and you'd shed it a lot quicker than you think once you get going ! good luck :)

Annoying_no_gif.gif
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My tips: Read these

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i go to school full-time, then work the remainder of my day. i workout every morning, and keep my diary pretty clean, you're welcome to add me if you'd like :)

I work full time, go to school full time, and i do a fair bit of volunteering. I'm also rather perfectionistic over my school work, so basically my life is chaos 24/7! Feel free to PM me if you need support or anything of the sort. :)
  • Stewie622
    Options
    Thank you1 So, anyone have any great meal plans that they follow in their life that they would like to share? Especially for us broke students!!
  • coralynnhazelwood
    coralynnhazelwood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, not trying to spam just wanted to share this scholarship contest I found the other day for united states students. Hopefully it can help reduce the financial stress of being a student. ow.ly/wvbeN

Trying to lose weight and go to school can be hard but I manage to keep a fairly clean diet on a meal plan as well so feel free to follow me !