What do you put on your pancakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free smuckers jam. I take a few tablespoons, put it in the microwave for about ten seconds, stir, and it's a delicious syrup for ten calories a tablespoon. Yum.
  • DivineInsanity
    Options
    I make my pancakes with bananas and whole grain mix, then I put bananas on it, butter, and use a light maple syrup <3
    ~ Nummy
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Smuckers sugar free syrup is really good and if I recall correctly practically free
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to give in and get sugar free maple syrup... What brand do you recommend?

Never, ever use sf maple syrup. Use the real stuff. It's worth it.
    +1

I have pancakes probably 28 mornings a month (occasionally I want biscuits). Either plain, buttermilk, blueberry, or my own pumpkin recipe. Syrup is always on top, with a side of bacon or sausage. Sometimes there's milk, yogurt, or a protein shake.

If I had a waffle iron, I'd make waffles every other morning.

Well, when I'm at maintenance, I'm sure I can do that, but I'm not there yet :(
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    0% Greek Oikos yogurt mixed with 15 grams of softened cream cheese and 1 packet of stevia and sometimes some low fat whip cream :) delicious!
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. Usually just put maple syrup and butter, rarely peanut butter as well. Haven't been too tempted to eat pancakes lately though, because I always feel gross after eating syrup + anything. I just can't deal with a dry pancake, or breaking from "tradition." >__<
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sour cream is good
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Syrup...
    Fruit...
    Roll up the pancakes with some Jelly and shake a little confectioner's sugar on it....
    Whipped cream...
    Ice cream...

So many possibilities... so yummy...
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Just syrup.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Berries and dark chocolate sauce. Squirt of whip cream.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free smuckers jam. I take a few tablespoons, put it in the microwave for about ten seconds, stir, and it's a delicious syrup for ten calories a tablespoon. Yum.

I do this too, or use Polaner all fruit. You can cook it down with some water and reduce it, but that is usually too much work. I usually just microwave it.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had an uncle who used mustard. Never tried it, looked and smelled disgusting, but that is all he ever ate on them.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Real butter and real maple syrup. There is no substitute on hot fresh pancakes! :bigsmile:

Leftover pancakes become snacks, often before a run or workout - topped with a tablespoon of peanut butter, of course. Delicious!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    sugar free syrup, sugar free strawberry jam, or all natural peanut butter
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    To make my syrup go farther I've been putting 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce on them. Then I add 1T of boysenberry syrup and usually some chopped up fruit like strawberries or maybe some blueberries. And when I say them I really mean it. I have one large pancake as I'm too lazy to make it into 2 or 3 smaller ones.
  • breezybeees
    Options
    freshly squeezed lemon juice and "smart" sugar :D (low cal)

(edited for typos)
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cary's sugar free maple syrup and almond butter. The almond butter adds calories, but also the nutrition it holds is worth the exchange IMO.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Jelly

This is the way I Loved to eat my pancakes...since signing up MFP...I cant go there anymore :sad:
    1 day last week I had PB with celery, didn't think twice about it...in fact I thought it was a "healthy" choice till later that night when I went & logged it in :noway:
    I thought I was 1 of a kind who like my pancakes this way :tongue:
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pure maple syrup or hot strawberry jam and whipped cream. The toppings usually end up being between 130-180 calories, and I consider them well worth it!