Hydration and exersize

Options
momo62463
momo62463 Posts: 14 Member
Hi All,

i have recently picked up walking, about a wee:drinker: k or so.
i walk around a play field near my home and so does a lot of other women.
what i have noticed is that no one other than myself takes water to drink after a few laps or so.
and trust me i get really thirsty after an hour of walking.

what i want to know is, how important is it to keep hydrated while working out?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. I don't usually bring water on my runs, unless I'm doing at least 10 miles, but I am always well hydrated before I leave and I rehydrate when I get back. If you're feeling like you need water, have water. You have to listen to your body. If you start getting headaches or feeling light headed, you are clearly dehydrated. Otherwise, do what works.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. I don't usually bring water on my runs, unless I'm doing at least 10 miles, but I am always well hydrated before I leave and I rehydrate when I get back. If you're feeling like you need water, have water. You have to listen to your body. If you start getting headaches or feeling light headed, you are clearly dehydrated. Otherwise, do what works.
    I concur.

I dont usually bring water, but there are a number of public water fountains around my town that on longer runs I strategically go by them when I feel I need some water!
  • OnTheGround
    OnTheGround Posts: 78
    Options
    It's important.

Something to keep in mind is that 1)they may not be walking as much as you and/or 2)they might be like me and making pit stops at the drinking fountains! :)