Anyone use the Zombies, Run! app?

Options
2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you buy the app does it automatically start on season 1?? When I looked it up in iTunes it mentioned something about season 3...do you have to buy each season separately??
    I bought it this summer, thinking it was season 1 and it was season 3. I haven't used it much because it's designed to be used with MP3s stored on your phone (I use Pandora instead) and I think it's designed more for outdoor use, not sitting on the console of your treadmill. Or maybe it's the same with GPS and step counting on vs. off? I'm not sure since I have them off.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hello Runners 5!

I've just finished Season 1, walking rather than running but doing the survival shuffle to out run zombie chases and found it really motivated me to get out far more often than I would otherwise just to get the next installment of story, and staying out longer because it clicks into Radio Abel which is fun too. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a smile with their exercise. I'm now doing the Zombies Run 5K app, but on the cross trainer instead of running but hope to repeat it in the park when I'm a bit lighter and less worried about my joints!
  • chickwithpencil
    chickwithpencil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I adore that app. I'm really hooked on it and it keeps me motivated. I usually just use it for walks with the zombie chases turned off (every time I've turned them on, it catches me when I'm either walking uphill or have jogged a bit and totally out of gas,) and do the Zombies 5K (separate app, but also worth it,) training separately.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks to my friend, Waterbunnie, I found out about it. I have just finished Season 1. I play it whilst running on my Kangoo Jumps. It really does motivate you to keep going, and to want to do another mission. I would recommend it to anyone wanting something different when they walk or run. Also using Zombielink, allows you to follow each other's progress.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    ...and to build your base to fortify your camp against zombie attacks - if you're game minded! I now have a hospital and a training ground!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run!! I just finished Season 1 today and came home and immediately purchased both 2 & 3 so I could keep the story going. It's a wonderful way to stay motivated to be active, I'm always looking forward to the next part of the story. Plus the fact that it's a game appeals to the nerdy gamer part of me :-)
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    They have the ALL Access pass on sell right now for $10. Awesome deal! Or if you just need the new season it's only $5
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To give it a try, I started with the 5k training version, since that's something I've always wanted to do anyway. I'm about to start week 2 of training and it definitely makes the time go much faster and keeps me focused. Am thinking about switching up my playlist to be eerie, gothic, and horror themed songs to really add to the mood.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I just bought this app today, and I am trying to figure out how to use it on a treadmill. Its raining out today, and I tend to run indoors more anyway. How would I set it up?
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I just bought this app today, and I am trying to figure out how to use it on a treadmill. Its raining out today, and I tend to run indoors more anyway. How would I set it up?

you can turn the chases off and just listen to the story and music. it wont say your distance accurately but it works still.
  • chickwithpencil
    chickwithpencil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try setting your tracking mode to accelerometer, or if you know what your average speed is running a mile, use the constant speed option. :)
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! It looks confusing to me right now, but im sure i'll figure it out :)
    I am starting it tomorrow
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm... really late to this thread but I just started using this app today (despite having it on my iPod for a while orz)

Right now I'm "Moderate Walker 5", although if I get around to going on the apartment's elliptical or treadmill then I might give being "Runner 5" a go. I really like this app so far! I turned off the chase option because lol not at running capabilities (yet!) but it's really clever. Picking up items gives you a bit of an incentive, and they're good at motivating you to run without being OMG RUN RUN DRILL SERGEANT. Plus if you made a good playlist on your iPod, that makes it even better :smiley:

Best of luck!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I adore this app..it makes running so much more fun
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love it - totally worth the cost, especially on sale. I try to do one run a week with the app, great for interval sprints or just to spice things up. Nothing like zombs breathing in your ear to get your legs moving faster!
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Omg I'm getting this!!!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    I bought it for my sister because she likes zombies (and vampires) and I wanted to encourage her to run. She seems to like it.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    But wahhh... Does it play your spotify in the background or just I tunes??