bootcamp

Options
cldmolly
cldmolly Posts: 66 Member
How many calories does it really burn? MFP says for me 515 for a 60 minute workout. (I'm 39, 5'4" and weigh 140 currently).

Replies

• cldmolly
    Options
    bump
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Seems close enough to use for reference. How much are you shopping for?
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Is your class more cardio based or strength based? My classes vary but i wore a hrm that the instructor was testing at a lower body cardio class i didnt have it on during the warmup which is quite strenous and took it off before abs which is last 10 min. I was going 110% seriously nonstop for a full 30-35 min and i burned 360 calories. Im 53 5"2 and 128lbs. I was way dissappointed because ive seen numbers of up to 600 estimated for a class. On less cardio based classes i dont even eat back the calories cause im probably off about that on diet cause i measure but dont weigh foods.When i did tdee i just entered 5 days a week exercise so then i didnt have to figure it out. This site also has crazy high numbers for zumba, ive taken classes from different teachers that are like" just fun" to "wow i felt that" so i dont count those either.
  • cldmolly
    Options
    Seems close enough to use for reference. How much are you shopping for?

500 would be great. But I don't want to have an inflated sense of activity. If it's more like 400, then I'd rather count that in. If it's 600, well bonus!

I just want to feel like I'm getting a handle on my numbers. Being new, there are so many exceptions and caveats. I simply just want someone to do all the mathematical work for me. I'll do the workouts and eating properly. lol.
  • cldmolly
    Options
    Is your class more cardio based or strength based? My classes vary but i wore a hrm that the instructor was testing at a lower body cardio class i didnt have it on during the warmup which is quite strenous and took it off before abs which is last 10 min. I was going 110% seriously nonstop for a full 30-35 min and i burned 360 calories. Im 53 5"2 and 128lbs. I was way dissappointed because ive seen numbers of up to 600 estimated for a class. On less cardio based classes i dont even eat back the calories cause im probably off about that on diet cause i measure but dont weigh foods.When i did tdee i just entered 5 days a week exercise so then i didnt have to figure it out. This site also has crazy high numbers for zumba, ive taken classes from different teachers that are like" just fun" to "wow i felt that" so i dont count those either.
    I would say it's pretty even. The heart rate is ALWAYS up. Each day is different but an example would be a ladder workout and will start with a fast paced warm up followed by strength reps, then back to a cardio element and it keeps going back and forth. It's definitely a challenge the entire way through.
  • DavPul
    Options
    it doesn't have to be perfect. being in the ballpark of the calories you burned is just fine. +/- 100 cal is the margin of error anyway. even if you had it pinpoint perfect, you still have 23 hours to guess for your normal daily activity plus accurate food measuring, so the likelihood of being off by several hundred by the end of the day is high.

just be consistent, track your results, and adjust accordingly
  • cldmolly
    Options
    it doesn't have to be perfect. being in the ballpark of the calories you burned is just fine. +/- 100 cal is the margin of error anyway. even if you had it pinpoint perfect, you still have 23 hours to guess for your normal daily activity plus accurate food measuring, so the likelihood of being off by several hundred by the end of the day is high.

just be consistent, track your results, and adjust accordingly

Thanks!

I'm on such a roll with the exercise and healthy eating that I'm afraid to **** it up. Am I allowed to swear here?
  • DavPul
    Options
    no, this isn't a site for grown ups. so no swearing allowed. no pics of yoga pants allowed either.

i wish i was joking.
  • cldmolly
    Options
    no, this isn't a site for grown ups. so no swearing allowed. no pics of yoga pants allowed either.

i wish i was joking.

well ****.

lol.