GNC Lean shake 25 - Opinions?

Options
Hello everyone,

I recently went and purchased my first tub of protein powder and I decided to try the GNC Lean Shake 25 in French Vanilla. I've been using it for two days now, I love the taste and I feel full and satisfied hours after consuming. I read some pretty good reviews on this product as far as weight loss went.

Has anyone had any success or fails with this product? Is it worth the use and the money? Are there any tips or considerations I should take when using this?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by success? Protein shakes are food just like any other food. It's a 200 calorie shake with 25 grams of protein, 3 fats and 17 carbs. It will effect you no differently then if you got those macro nutrients from any other source of food. If the shake keeps you more satiated then eating something with a similar macro and calorie breakdown then go for it. The shake itself though will not do anything in terms of burning fat. Only a caloric deficit burns fat.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I like them. I get the go shakes - bit more pricey but easy to reach for as a snack. Keeps me from snacking on chips or something higher calorie. Also keeps my macros in better check. Quick easy pre/post workout meal/snack as well.

If they work for you then great, if you drink one and still reach for something else, I'd say you're better off with a few slices of deli meat and some almonds.

As far as successes, not sure what you mean... it's a protein shake. it doesn't make any claims for anything to be successful at...