lack of time to exercise today....

Options

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have to pause it otherwise I end up lying on the floor unable to move so I'd rather pause it and continue when I'm able to actually do the exercises. That's why I have time to write here.

I got out of work early so now I have 5:28 left of Insanity and then 30DS Level 3 which is around 27 minutes. I have not eaten dinner yet. I'll eat after I finish Insanity and the warmup of 30DS. I only have 5 hours left because I have to go to bed earlier tonight since I have to work tomorrow morning.
    Why don't you find an exercise program you can actually complete. It can't be fun for you (or like it) if you have to take serious breaks. The goal doing a short workout is to keep that heart rate up for that short amount of time. Getting your heart rate up for 5 min, then taking a 15 min break is not going to do you any good. Why don't you start with walking? Lifting dumbbells? Something at your pace. When you're ready, move on to shred and insanity. You definitely won't stick to this fitness plan if you can't complete 27 minutes without taking multiple breaks. Your goal should be to improve YOUR fitness, not try to beat someone else's.

Do you suggest that I run instead? Or swim? I have a lot of weight to lose.
    Just because you have a lot of weight to lose, doesn't mean you have to pick some of the toughest workouts to start with. Find a run/walk program, don't just start running for hours on end or you will be in the same place you are now. Swimming is a great exercise as well! Just what you're doing now, you will burn yourself out and will never complete an exercise program. Start small, finish strong. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will do that after completing Insanity and 30 DS. 4:42 of 27:42...3 hours before bedtime. Ahhhh!

to be quite frank there is no point in doing either of those workouts in 3-4min intervals..I mean really????

Just suck it up and do it, slower if you have to...I've done 30DS and you do 3mins of cardio, 2mins body weight 1min of abs x3...

doesn't matter if you keep up or not just do the 28mins consecutively....wow.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity and yeah it's hard but you need to MODIFY the exercises. If you can't go as fast as them DON'T. And honestly I see no point in stopping the video to take a break and then start it back up again. When I got tired I'd just slow down or stop and get a drink while marching or bouncing in place.

And based on the amount of free time you said you had you should have been able to complete both. There is no reason a 30 minute workout should take you an hour.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    If you have to take that many breaks, then maybe you shouldn't be doing those workouts yet. If you start with walking then work your way up to something more difficult, you'd be a lot less likely to quit and/or injure yourself.

Good luck.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Why are you chronicling your workout? Start a blog and do it there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I have to pause it otherwise I end up lying on the floor unable to move so I'd rather pause it and continue when I'm able to actually do the exercises. That's why I have time to write here.

I got out of work early so now I have 5:28 left of Insanity and then 30DS Level 3 which is around 27 minutes. I have not eaten dinner yet. I'll eat after I finish Insanity and the warmup of 30DS. I only have 5 hours left because I have to go to bed earlier tonight since I have to work tomorrow morning.

Maybe do something exercise wise that you are actually capable of doing. Nobody goes from 0 to 100 overnight. I started out doing nothing but walking, now I train for 1/2 century and century rides and triathlons...but it's taken me 18 months + to get here, not a couple of days.

Do exercise you can do...cuz guess what...you're more likely to stick with it and make progress than starting out with something you aren't ready for. Never mind the injury risk.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    11:18 of 27:42....I will take a break, turn on the AC, and I'll probably be able to do the full 2nd circuit at a time, from what I remember it's not as hard.

turn on the AC before. i just saved you 4 seconds! you can do a part of a workout in that time!

YOURE WELCOME!
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Divide and conquer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

can i ask why you feel the need tto do insanity and 30DS when you cant even do the whole insanity workout without a break? sounds like a recipe for burnout and injury to me.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11:18 of 27:42....I will take a break, turn on the AC, and I'll probably be able to do the full 2nd circuit at a time, from what I remember it's not as hard.
    Jillian will tell you in the 30ds "if you feel like you're going to die, take a 5 second break, this is only a 20 minute workout people, if you want results you need to work, no breaks". I'm not sure what you're trying to prove other than you are not capable of doing a workout. Stop those DVDs, don't pause and put them away. Start a new program that you CAN DO FOR 30 MINUTES. You will accomplish MUCH more doing a lower intensity workout out for 30 min, then 5 min here and there of high intensity. The goal is to keep your heart rate up. It is NOT staying up while you're on here telling us you are taking yet another break. Go for a 30 minute walk. You will burn more calories than what you're doing now.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Thomas Edison,..... they all had the same 24 hours in a day to get stuff done. They seem to have figured it out.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    This is so weird
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_250.gif

Now stop making a timeline of your workouts on here. Just suck it up and do it or find something that you can do for a full 30 minutes straight without stopping.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Although the theory that 'every little bit counts' should really apply in all situations - I don't think you're doing a damned bit of good for yourself by doing a workout that is so difficult for you that you have to stop every few minutes. If you have a considerable amount of weight to lose, not only is this an ineffective use of your time, but you could potentially be damaging your body.

Try going for a 30 minute walk every evening and see how that goes. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.