really struggling this eveing please help or advise xxx

Options
hi guys as the topic says i am struggling this evenign and i dont know for why to be honest its really fustrating and hard, i am getting really angry and upset with myself as i have not been this bad since i started mfp,

all i want is food food food iots all i can think off thing is i had a really good tea aswell, i had a chicken and leak curry,with boiled rice and peas, then i had some pinapple and 3 sponge fingers for pudding where am i goin worng today grrrr,

also i had 3 belvita biscuits for breaky as they really fill me up, then i had a salad for lunch and then above for tea, but i am feelign really irritable and wish i knew why

sorry to moan and rant just didnt know what eles to do x

thing is also i am full of cold to, so dont feel like exercise atm either and worried i am gonna put weight bk on x

Replies

• gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Night time is my hardest part of the day. I want to snack snack snack... so here's what I do. I save 300-350 calories for the evening, usually some fruit, yogert or popcorn or all 3. It works most of the time. Planning really helps, cause if I have things lined up to eat I am less likely to eat things randomly. Good luck.
  • hcollett
    hcollett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're bound to have days like this, especially when you're not feeling very well!

Its ok to feel that way, you just need to focus on why your doing this.

Is there anything you can do to take your mind off food, read a book or watch a film? I always find watching TV is a bad idea coz there are loads of adverts for food which makes me feel worse!

Good Luck and try not to let it get you down :-)
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I always plan my day so that I have some calories for evenings too. Maybe if you just want to eat, eat, eat, you devise a low calorie finger food that you can nibble like popcorn or some cut up veggies. That usually helps for me.
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    I don't know if it's evenings, but for me it's been a few days - I am frusterated that I even have to do this. Why did I get like this and why do I now have to go through this - ugh!@!@. So ya sorry for my vent, but I guess that's part of being part of this group - the reality is we do need to vent because we do feel like this. I am ready to throw in the towel and eat cheese cake for the rest of the day - I know I won't, but that's where I am at. I don't want to exercise tonight and have not wanted to for the lase few days. Maybe it has something to do with the snow, my body wants to go into hibernate mode - oh well. Again sorry for the rant - but thanks for starting this line:)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you live in England, so I am wondering if the weather is getting colder and more rainy (it is England!), and that may be affecting your "eating mood." Or could be that your hormones are working overtime and increasing your cravings. It does happen to young women once a month, doesn' it?

Of course, by now it must be late in England, since I am in USA westcoast, so my suggestions may be coming late. But they may help you tomorrow.

Can you bundle up and go for walk even if you don't feel like going to the gym? It would help you to get your mind away from food. Warm liquids, such as herbal teas and home made soups or broth could also help you. Try to eat more dense foods (your diary is not public), and I suggest that you stay away from sweets because they will increase your cravings.

Most likely that what you are experiencing is only temporary and you will feel better soon. Don't worry, you will not gain weight if you slip a little. Just try to get back on track soon.

Good luck and keep your motivation and determination up. Cheers!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Night time is definitely the hardest time of day! Check your nutrient intake, are you getting enough vitamins and minerals and healthy fats? The way you're feeling right now is known as "starvation mode"-it's what your brain goes into when you're not getting enough nutrients! However, just because you feel bad tonight doesn't mean this is what's happening, you could just be having a bad night, but if it continues be extra vigilant about your nutrient intake!!
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    oh guys i gave in as i started to feel really ill, and i have let my self down very very much i have eaten like just over 900 cal over i am so angry with my self and so up set i just wish i could of stayed in comtroll this evening grrr

silly me

well i am goin to start a new tomorrw and try and sort my self out see i didnt have little snacks in between today or anythign like that so maybe thats what i had done, see all last week and befor that i had some soup and also 3 cracker breads fo rmy lunch nd i would have fruit for my breakfast

so i think i let my self down by not eating much througout the day and then when i come to night time i just wanted food food food,

thank you all so much for your replys i was to bloody busy munchin on food and making my self feel sick,

i just hope i have not let my self down to much to be honest i really do

xx