First Time Seeking Support

Options
I have been a member of MFP for a while, but this is the first time I have decided to use the forums. I have decided to try a different approach to my weight loss journey. I am 42 years old and have always been slightly overweight, but very active. As I get older I can feel the weight starting to really affect my body. I am seeing myself starting to avoid "life" in ways that I haven't before. I have been forever trying to lose weight, but have never sought any sort of support. In fact, my repeated attempts to lose weight have been done in secret to avoid judgement of any sort from others. I never wanted anyone judging what I ate, how I ate it, and whether I should eat it. Even well meaning people constantly make my weight an issue in some shape or form, but after many failed attempts, I have decided the same old patterns aren't working for me anymore. I have read some of the posts and through a common journey I feel as if I already "know" some of you. I am ready to be in a body that feels comfortable and strong and admit that I can't go it alone.

Replies

• mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be a support system. I love MFP even though I have not been on here a long time and can say that it has worked for me so far. Baby steps and you will be to your goal in no time!