Fish Oil supplements

Keisha604
Keisha604 Posts: 126
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I bought some fish oil today(I got a bogo deal on it!) and I was wondering if any of you take it? Do you have to take it 3x a day or can I just take them all at once? Has anyone seen/felt the benefits of it?

Replies

• stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    I have been taking fish oil for awhile now, I take all 3 together 30 minutes before I eat supper. I think that it has helped me with not feeling as hungry. Besides, even if that is all in my head, it is still helping with heart health & cholestrol so it's not hurting me any!!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    i find when i take them, my mind feels more at ease and more confident in conquering my cravings. like stressd1mom said, even if it is all in my head, it's helping out in some sort of way!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    I haven't taken that. I hate fish and don't want the taste.. I know there are some that don't have the taste, but I'll pass. LOL

I have taken Fenugreek supplements when BFing my daughter and I would take 4 all at once.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    I take the ones that taste like orange because they make you burp! And the regular ones will make u have fishy burps ;-)
    If you've never taken them before, you might want to take them 3 times a day or less until you're used to them because you can have tummy problems otherwise.. Some people may not, but I did.. Just see how you do after the first dose ;-)
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    They don't make me burp. I don't know if they do anything for me that I can see, but I do know fish oil is brain food. LOL, maybe its just stopped me from getting worse.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Maybe I just have a sensitive tummy? I like what they do for my hair and skin... I'm naturally an airhead, so I don't notice a difference there ;-)
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    I began taking them last spring and I would take two pills twice a day. My skin was noticeably clearer and I believe it helped with my cravings, aswell.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    I've heard so many good things about fish oil so I really couldn't resist trying it. I was just reading that freezing them helps with 'fishy burps'...hopefully that works! lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    It's a great supplement. I take it for my skin. My eczema flairs up a couple of times a year. Fish oil really helps. I don't take it three times a day.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    It's a great supplement especially if you're following a low fat diet. Our body needs fat, just good fat and that's really concentrated in the fish oil supplement. To diminish the 'fish burps' try freezing the bottle of pills. I stopped taking them for a couple weeks cause i gagged everytime i burped for a couple hours after taking them (i took then three times a day so this was most of the day) until my friend gave me that little tip. Good luck
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    I take 1000mg omega with tocotrienols every night at bedtime. I have been very happy with the results. My head is more clear, lowered my cholosterol, keeps my sugar levels in check, better skin and hair.... along with overall feeling better (pms/depression symptoms). Some of the pills out there can give you 'burp up' where you taste the fish- (ew!) If you have this issue, you should try taking them at bedtime. You should also make sure they are not 'outdated' or expired. You don't want to be taking rancid fish oil, it wont do you any good and may cause digestive issues. I actually sell a high end omega pill (fish oil from wild Alaskan salmon) because I had success with it. If anybody has any questions about it, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
    Have a great day!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Fish oil helps clear up skin?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Fish oil helps clear up skin?

It helps eczema for some. I
  • I take "Webber Naturals Wild Salmon & Fish Oil Softgel's" three times a day. Once at breakfast, once at lunch, and once at dinner. Since I've just recently began taking them in the last two weeks I am not sure if I have noticed any positive or negative changes, but in my mind I feel like I am doing my body good so I keep on taking them. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.