Over 100lbs to loose.. need friends!

Options

Replies

• Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Looking to loose 100+. Anyone is free to add.
  • mini130
    mini130 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone, add me, I have about 70lbs to lose and am just getting started.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their thing that works for me, but for me, it is smaller, manageable goals. Like, I started counting calories a year ago at 246 lbs, and what worked for me was to say, OK, I'm going to try and lose 20 pounds. And so I set my goal at .75 lbs a week, and stuck to it. The first 20 pounds were terrible. I was learning, and I didn't really know how to do things, and I was starting grad school so life was stressful, and I was hungry ALL. THE. TIME.

Then things got easier. And I reached my goal and kept going. And it's been a year, and I sure don't log in every day, and sometimes life gets in the way and I pretty much just maintain, but I'm a lot closer to 200 than I was when I started, and now I feel like I can say, "Ok, 20 more pounds," and have that actually happen.
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 100lbs, I still want to lose more and gain muscle. I'm looking or more motivating friends who are active on this website! Add me! :)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me - I've lost 50 lbs, have at least 75 more to go! :drinker:
  • Abe98277
    Abe98277 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am looking to lose 160 lb. I am 10 lb down and I started 15 days ago. I am determined to get in shape finally. Please feel free to add me!
  • larddragon
    larddragon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and wanna lose 130 lbs alltogether! Would love to be your friend! (I have no idea how to add people though).
  • Wantobethinner
    Wantobethinner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have over 130 lbs. to lose. I am a stressful eater. And hope to find a friend that we can help each other. I am 63 and just retired which doesn't help that I have the fridge looking at me more then ever before. LOL. It seems I have always been fat,and for some reason I want to be thin. Getting there is the hardest part. I'm thinking a message Board friend would be nice for the both of us to try to beat the battle of the bulge. Thank You and have a nice Evening.
  • 73JD2013
    73JD2013 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey, losing over 100 myself. NOT a quick fix, feel free to add me!! It will get there. Have lost over 80 and still need to lose another 100.
  • ebwiley
    ebwiley Posts: 13
    Options
    I started my plan on May 5 with about 150 to lose. I'm down about 20. I'm taking medication to help me retrain my brain away from cravings and so far it's working. The test will come to next month when I will have to be med free.

I'm 66 and still working. I'm determined to be to a more normal weight before I retire. It is a tough job but so is recovering from all the medical problems that the kind of weight we are carrying on our bones brings into our lives.

I'm happy to support your plan.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started here 71 days ago and I have approx 100 pounds to lose - I've only lost 8 so far because I've hit some sort of plateau already. I've found my MFP friends have been so supportive and one of the few reasons I haven't given up!

Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm friendly, I'm active on MFP, and I'm a work at home mom to a busy toddler! If we don't give up we will get to our goals!
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me because I've just helped with two of my kids weddings and can help you with that stressor! LOL
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's amazing to lost 50 lbs. You are my hero. I need to lose at least 50 more like 70 to be in healthy range. I've done it all-Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Lean Bodies.....this time I have to do it. I'm tired of being the fat girl in the family photos.
  • CrabCatcher
    CrabCatcher Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend though I can not figure out how to add a friend here.

I need to lose 100 lbs. Sad but true.

Just click on her name in the forums here and click the add a friend button.
  • heatjoycra
    heatjoycra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Heather. 35 yr old mother of 4. I am still looking to lose 100 lbs. Having the support of each other is important. It isn't going to be easy but it will sooo be worth it. Just like tonight. I picked up a take and bake pizza for the kids for dinner. I chose to have salmon, broccoli and mashed potato instead. The pizza looked and smelled really good but I didn't want the empty calories, carbs, fat and sodium. I am on meds for High blood pressure and High cholesterol. Lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • trinacrick
    trinacrick Posts: 41
    Options
    Anyone in this thread is welcome to add me! I am newbie....committed to posting every day. Love the camaraderie!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'll be a friend. I'm looking to lose 100lbs also. For me this is not going to be a quick fix. I've been dieting for 35yrs and putting on about 3-7lbs a year for the last 20yrs or so.. I tried 'em all- Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Connolly, general wacko, etc. I'm presently doing 5:2 Diet. It's working for me. I've felt the most in control of my attitude to food than I've ever been in my life. I'm 18 mths in and I know my weight loss doesn't look great but in that time I've been seriously ill and consequently I've lost and I've gained.
    So- on this present stint I'm 3 weeks in and have lost 13 lbs.
  • TrinKumar
    TrinKumar Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'll be your friend or anyone elses for that matter if you like. I just started 5 days ago and got about 60 pounds to lose. Im 26, bout to be 27, year old full time college student... havent worked for a year and been completely dependent on student loans so thats kind of cut my activity level down (never realized how much money you needed just to leave home) which has led me to gain alot of weight lol.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 54 lbs so far...still about 150 or so more to go. I log daily, my diary is open, and try to be motivational!
  • Order_66
    Order_66 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am new (day 2) and needing to lose 192 pounds in the long term. Just moved out to Oklahoma City, so using this move to start the new chapter of my life. If there is anyone out there that would like to connect, feel free to add me :). Happy Saturday, y'all.