tattoos hot or not?

Options

Replies

• jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My bf is a tattoo artist - I'd be fecked if I didn't love them!

I only have 4 but I love them all. Currently planning my leg piece so I can show it off during the summer :smile:
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

I agree with you on that. My husband has a funny story about when he was hired. He has a sleeve, but wore a suit when he was interviewed for a state government position. After he was hired, and after his 90-day probationary period, he wore short sleeves for the first time. His boss admitted that if she saw that during the interview, she wouldn't have hired him, even though she also admitted that he's one of the best workers she's ever had.

Exactly! The presence or absence of tats does not determine the quality of the person as an employee, friend, lover, father/mother, teacher, etc.
  • emmanap91
    Options
    Yeah not for me... My wife is off and on about wanting one but that is really the only thing I've ever absolutely denied her. Anything else is hers to the point of spoiling :happy: She had a belly button piercing when I met her and I always hated it. Eventually when she got older and out of college she removed it and now dislikes how it kind of ruined her belly button. I don't say "I told you so" but still.

You *denied* your wife a tattoo? Do you live in a country where men control women, or is your relationship uniquely archaic?
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a rib tat that I absolutely love. I've been told that it is sexy, but I definitely don't care whether or not anyone else likes it.
    It's for me.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think most people consider tattoos as a sign of bad or mischievous behavior and judge from that point of view. I on the other hand LOVE tattoos, I only have 2 myself but want more in the near future. I am more attracted to a guy who has tattoos, whether they are visible with their clothes on or not--currently mine are hidden beneath my clothes.

They are amazing works of art and inspiration. But in the end....to each their own.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person.

Depends on the tattoo(s).

Depends. Not just a solution for incontinence...
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos few and small, but I won't judge someone based on what they have. It's just aesthetics.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan, I don't have any and would never get any but I guess it wouldn't be a deal breaker if they don't have too many...anything on face or hands would be a deal breaker.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have 2. On both of my upper arms. Got them after I got rid of 220 pounds of *kitten* (my ex-husband) 7 years ago. My friend and I are going next Tuesday to get another one. My son is coming with to get his first ... I told him I would pay for his first one when he decided to take the plunge. So he's coming with us. It's gonna be a fun afternoon :) Can't wait. This one is going on my ankle.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I haven't regretted mine. The only one I would change is just a location. I have a skull with the number 13 on it on my forearm. Got it on Friday the 13th a few years back with a friend. It gets some eyebrow raises in smaller meetings, but overall, not too bad.
  • emmanap91
    Options
    I have 2. On both of my upper arms. Got them after I got rid of 220 pounds of *kitten* (my ex-husband) 7 years ago. My friend and I are going next Tuesday to get another one. My son is coming with to get his first ... I told him I would pay for his first one when he decided to take the plunge. So he's coming with us. It's gonna be a fun afternoon :) Can't wait. This one is going on my ankle.

I love that you're paying for your son's tat. My first and only (so far) tat was a 18th birthday present from my parents.

I've never regretted it, but I got really annoyed when "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" became popular because my tat is a dragon, so people kept assuming I was a fan-girl devoted enough to get it permanently inked onto me - when in fact I simply like dragons and got the tat before the movies/books became popular.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I like them. I'm getting another in a couple weeks.
  • itsadogslife
    itsadogslife Posts: 209
    Options
    [/quote]

You *denied* your wife a tattoo? Do you live in a country where men control women, or is your relationship uniquely archaic?
    [/quote]

HAHAHAHA you are amazing. Great word choice. I think some tattoos are trashy and some aren't, men and women alike. I have quite a few tattoos, two oopses from when I was a teenager, and more artistic and crafty ones that obviously cost more than my minimum wage could afford when I was younger. People form their opinions on me daily, they can't believe I work for the Federal Government, and they certainly don't expect me to be the type of person who pipes up when I see someone being treated unfairly, or helping seniors with groceries or doors. It really bothers me, sometimes I have second thoughts about my neck tattoo, but then I ask myself WHY I'm having second thoughts, and its always because of how other people feel about it. If I looked at it purely from my own standpoint, I'd be thrilled. Its just the reactions of others that bother me at times. But then, instead of caving in to how others feel, I say I don't give a *kitten* and got more added and it's almost a neck to a half sleeve.. well it is. I just need to finish the wrap around aspect =)

So, in conclusion, its subjective and depends what people have. I've kept mine realistic and nature related. I could never rock the sailor jerry tatts but otehr chicks can and kudos to them. just not my style.
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If they're great artwork and well placed they can look cool, but I've never met an attractive person I thought was MORE attractive simply because they have tattoos.

^^^ yes agree with 100%
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I freaking love tattoos and honestly am super attracted to females that have them

Half sleeves make me go nuts....I llove them
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, obviously. I have a sleeve and getting my chest worked on at the moment.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Suuper sexy in my opinion. Add a beard and there goes the panties.

I'm getting a half sleeve in August so I may be biased.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

Things like this make me wish that my job didn't make me shave :(

Also, sleeves rock.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yeah not for me... My wife is off and on about wanting one but that is really the only thing I've ever absolutely denied her. Anything else is hers to the point of spoiling :happy: She had a belly button piercing when I met her and I always hated it. Eventually when she got older and out of college she removed it and now dislikes how it kind of ruined her belly button. I don't say "I told you so" but still.

I can see how at first glance my comment would seem "odd", but no it's more of my wife and I discuss everything and make all decisions together. That's why we have an awesome marriage. By deny, I mean she brings it up and I simply say I don't like it. She respects my opinion and what I'm attracted to and doesn't get one.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

Things like this make me wish that my job didn't make me shave :(

Also, sleeves rock.

No crap....me too

Damn Air Force