5'3 & need to lose 10 lbs

Options
I've been on mfp for quite some time now but havent strictly followed logging my food until about 5 days ago. When I first started I was 123 pounds but have lost about 6 pounds. My goal is to lose about another 12 pounds but would like to know the best way to do this. I eat about 1200 calories a day but have seen conflicting things on here saying to eat more. Any advice? Im hoping to accomplish this in 2-3 months.
SW: 123
CW: 117
GW: 105
Height: 5'3

Replies

• karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    first off, your gw is almost underweight so careful.
    secondly, there are hundreds upon thousands of different topics on the board that pertain to what you want,
    not trying to be rude... just i dont know a lot of people who will go out of their way to explain everything to just one person when there's a whole slew of knowledge available.

best of luck to you!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1300 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ignoring your weight goal, what is your overall body goal because I can almost bet losing that much more weight and being "under weight" won't get you to that point. At this point, you need to evaluate if your exercise program is setting you up for success, you are eating at the right levels with good macronutrient goals and you understand how your body composition will achieve your goal.

Also, do you use a food scale? And what is your current workout routine?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1300 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

This