C25K anyone else?

Options
Afternoon,

Just wondered if anyone else is doing this or has done this?

I am on Week 1 Day 3 today, and am finding it a challenge. I come out of the gym looking like a sweating beetroot!!

I know it is only Day 3 but it feels like I am never going to be able to run 5k

Just wondered what everyone else's experiences were.

Kate
x

Replies

• hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group--you might want to check it out. People post daily about their training and answer questions. I finished C25K (although I technically only ran 2.75 miles) and am now trying to transition to outdoor running and plan to start bridge to 10K this week.

It is a great program--it is a challenge, but in a good way! You will definitely be able to run, just follow the program, and slow down (really, really slow) if you need to. Are you doing the time version or the distance version? I did the time version (hence why I didn't make it to the full 3.1 mi when I "graduated"). Now I am doing the distance version outside.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm using the C25K app from Zen labs. It does help me out quite a bit with my running and am very sweaty by the time I'm done with the workout. If I can't finish a day then I will do it over but with my remaining time I will walk or run on an inclince to get a workout.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did week 1, day 3 on Sunday and decided that I will be repeating the first week before I move on to week 2. The 5k I want to run isn't until September, so I have some time to spread out the program, which they recommend if you find it too intense.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I did it 1 1/2 years ago. I now regularly run 5Ks and 8Ks. I went from being non-athletic to being a regular runner. IMO, it is imperative that you sign up for an actual 5K race. It's really the motivation you need to push yourself. Having a running partner really helps, too. You will be amazed at the things you can do that you never thought you could! Go for it--you can do it!!!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to running, i've completed several 5k's and half marathons but recently stopped running. I picked back up with c25k app and will be doing w2d2. If you have to repeat a week, it's common, don't worry about it. Sending you a friend request now. Good luck!
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I loved the Zen Labs C25k App. I just ran - yes the whole thing! - my first 5k on Saturday. I had walked a number of them, and never considered myself a runner, but when there's a challenge I love it. I also second the idea that you actually register for a race if you havent so you have something to work for. I don't really LOVE running, but I am very competitive so I like having something to work towards.
    I just started the 10k training from Zen Labs.
    Good luck!!
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am terrible at running, but I can do this. I'm finishing up week 1 today.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I will do week 2 day 1 today. I don't sweat too terribly bad, but I don't sweat too much with anything that I do anyway. I'm trying to get back into jogging. I just have some trouble with my knees, so I'm taking it slow.
  • smitty031
    smitty031 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi !

I just graduated C25K yesterday. Ran my second 5K in 32:16. I had to restart a couple of weeks but did it in 10 weeks.

No one is more surprised than me!

This program really works. I was never into running and needed to get over a plateau. This did it for me and I really want to run now. I even miss running on the off days.

On to C210K now!
  • katyjane1804
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.

I am very nervous about Week 2 Day 1, but I will give it a go, and if it is too tough I will repeat week 1 until I am ready.

One sweaty beetroot at the gym on Thursday Morning and that will be me!

xx
  • bpgk2007
    bpgk2007 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started. Today was day one for me. I thought I might die at the end lol but was so proud of myself for finishing. I was pushing 70 pounds of kids plus the double stroller weight so I think it was a bit harder than id would be without them. I am kinda nervous about it getting harder
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago and last night was first day of week 3....it kicked my *kitten*. I hate running, but I want to complete a 5K, so this is the way i'm doing it. But my legs can feel soo heavy some days, it's awful.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not running too fast. You should be able to talk comfortably during your run intervals. Breathing should be moderate but you shouldn't be gasping. If you are, slow down.

My first time trying it out, I was able to get through the first two weeks but because I was trying to maintain too fast a pace, I plopped by week 3 and had to slow down. If you're using a heart rate monitor, find your aerobic pace and stay there.