Sports Bras

Options
Ok maybe a personal question...... Can anybody recommend a good sports bra for a medium sized girl? Just bought a new one and I don't like how the bottom band rolls under when I raise my hands up in the air. I was constantly pulling it down tonight.

Looking for some serious input

Thanks

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The seamless ones tend to roll up; look for ones that are compression. Old Navy and Target have some good basic ones. Champion has decent ones, too, for higher impact activities (some are even underwire, but not sure if you'd need it or not).
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    I personally love Moving Comfort sports bras. I use the Vixen C/D, and always size up because they run small.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Under Armor sports bras. Never have an issue of the band rolling up. Make sure you have the right fit.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind paying a little bit more, I LOVE the Panache sports bra (Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O ) they size the same way that your regular bras do. Excellent bounce control if you're larger chested (and even if you aren't). I've had mine for almost a whole year and it still fits great. Guess I'm not losing weight at the rate I'd like to ;) They run about $50-60, but I've seen them go lower on amazon when they do their occasional sales.

For larger ladies I'd recommend Enell... But I haven't been able to fit even their smallest size since 20 pounds ago.
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Champion is awesome
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Define medium? My favorite are the nike ones. The compress. I look like a guy. It's awesome. I am like a 32B tho, soooo maybe you're way bigger up there. But they are my favorite.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Champion (38D)... Until long distance running left me almost boobless. I'm now a big fan of Nike (32A).
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I recently got a couple at Victoria's Secret and I'm sold. Good support, perfect sizing, and the uniboob effect of the cheaper ones I was using is eliminated. They're so comfortable and look nice enough to actually wear as a regular bra.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Champion (38D)... Until long distance running left me almost boobless. I'm now a big fan of Nike (32A).

Lol booom! Twins. I used to wear target sports bras when I was a 34D.. However, I'd wear like 2 at a time with a regular bra as well. Having big boobs was the worst
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I personally love Moving Comfort sports bras. I use the Vixen C/D, and always size up because they run small.

Ditto to Moving Comfort. If you have some time and some TJ Maxx/Marshalls in your area, check their sports section - I've come across a few moving comforts there over the last few years, half the normal price if not less.
  • ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nike and champion!!!!!
  • ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf
    ToBeThatGirlIDreamOf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If theres a ross close to you, they usually have cheap champion.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like Shock Absorber
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I was going to recommend Shock Absorber because it's the miracle sports bra for busty women like myself. But I just saw you said medium sized. When I was a B/C cup, I wore plenty of Champion and Under Armor. I'd still recommend Shock Absorber though if you want a great quality sports bra with a lot of support.
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the Shock Absorber range. I have the Ultimate Run bra and it is fantastic! Keeps everything tight and under control but not painfully so, if you know what I mean...
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE my Moving Comfort sports bras. :heart: I'm a 34C/36B - kinda between bra sizes right now. I have one Vixen and two of the Juno. I prefer the Juno, because it has both adjustable straps and an adjustable back (which is extremely helpful so as I lose more weight I can just adjust the bra and not have to buy more). :bigsmile:
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The seamless ones tend to roll up; look for ones that are compression. Old Navy and Target have some good basic ones. Champion has decent ones, too, for higher impact activities (some are even underwire, but not sure if you'd need it or not).

Also, bras tend to "roll" when they're sized incorrectly (usually too small). If you like the fit of the one you picked out (for the most part), I'd consider trying another size in it.

I did bra fittings for a long, long time and the general problem with rolling was due to sizing issues.

As far as brand goes, I'm a Nike/Champion fan!

Good luck!
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a medium sized bra too (34D) and have struggled to find good ones. I'm expensive though, but if you are looking for a stellar sports bra that will last you years, go with the Victorias Secret Sports Line (I have the Incredible and Angel Sport) . I use the ones with the most support and love them- can't wear anything else now because they are so comfy and very efficient. They run pricey $45, but sometimes they have really good sales and run them at $25. The Semi-Annual sale is coming up soon too and you can pick up quite a few for very very cheap. Hope that helps!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I vote Shock Absorber as well. I have the 4490 and it's brilliant.