Results....REE is 1483
Maintenance Zone is 1483-1927
Weight Loss Zone is 1187-1483 (OMG)
Estimated burn factor during exercise is 1.30
Total TEE is 2081
Weight 229
Height 5'6
BMI 39

The dietician suggested I eat 1200 calories to lose weight (and that is not being able to eat any exercise calories back) I truly do have a SLOW metabolism (-17%). Its written right here on paper, I wanted to be one of those fat people that went in and got it tested and be told NO your fine you just eat to damn much! I do not want to have to only eat 1200 calories, for so many reasons but the main one is, where do I go from there if I need to lower my calories??? I have been doing it for 9 days and its super hard! OMG I feel like Im am always hungry! I do get plenty of protein and honestly you have to ONLY eat high quality food but even then you don't get much of it. Anyone who says they can get full of 1200 calories is NUTS, we didn't get fat by only eating 1200 calories. My issue with it is, if I CAN have more then 1200 calories why not have it right?

What I want to do is, eat 20% below my maintenance which is 1927 (the highest end). That would take me to 1541 daily. I will get exercise 3 days a week at Curves. I have decided I will kinda zig zag my calories to help me not feel crazy hungry because I cannot live on 1200 calories and do not want to start at the lowest end of eating. So I plan to eat 1500 calories on Sunday, 1300 calories M-Thurs and then 2043 on Fri & Sat to enjoy the weekends. That would give me 10,786 calories over the week. Logically that would be right at the 3500 calories needed to lose 1lb a week. What do you think? Any thoughts? Or am I just being a baby and a hog? LOL

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would do TDEE -20% which would put you at 1665 daily. This will put you slightly less than 1lb a week.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Your plan sounds way more humane and sustainable than the dietician's suggested plan - and you will still drop pounds.

You aren't being a baby. I'm with you - 1200 calories is a nightmare.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good plan. Much of this is trial and error even when you get tested. I'm not sure why eating back at least some of your exercise calories isn't allowed but don't forget to exercise. It keeps your muscles strong and firms everything up as you lose. Good luck.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Your take on the matter is way better then your dieticians.
    Any dietician worth seeing would not suggest a 1200 calorie diet.

Go with your plan for 1lb/week weight loss, or get a 2nd opinion from a different dietician!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing! I can't imagine going back to 1200 and not eating my exercise cals back! I did that for 1.5yrs and I lost my hair, my nails were awful, I was tired ALL the time, mean, the list goes on and on. Not to mention I totally screwed up my metabolism. It took me a little over a year to bring it back to where it should be. It's a miserable way to live. And, when you reach your goal and start adding in the maintenance calories, you are going to gain.

I think you are spot on with that plan! There is a group on here called Eat More 2 Weigh Less. Check it out, if you haven't already. Read the stickies...it's right there where you are with regards to your plan. Good luck to you! Hang in there...you got this!
  • gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested a 1200 cal. intake with 300 calorie meals and 100 calorie snacks for my sedentary life at that time. Also 35-45g carbs per meal, 10g for snacks.

I did it and it worked. I wasn't every starving and I didn't have to buy expensive food.

However, my stragedy derailed because I didn't update my dietary needs to support my insanely active life and i could never get to my meals and snacks on time.

But you shouldn't be miserable.
    Good job-you're taking charge.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Your plan is sensible and sustainable. Good for you for taking care of yourself.