Ideas for 1200 calories per day?

Options
kirili3
kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
I've been averaging about 2,000 - with nearly 4,000 on a particularly bad day - and I think I rather need a little help.

Does anybody have any idea how to stick to 1200 and feel full?

Replies

• _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating 2k-4k in any given day you will be miserable on 1200.

A 1200 cal diet is too low for most people. Unless you are very petite - you need more fuel. So I'd suggest going to:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

and NET at least your BMR.

Foods to eat to feel full:

Raw veggies
    Apples w/ peanut butter
    String cheese
    Cottage cheese w/ fruit
    Beef jerky (although be mindful that most beef jerky has a lot of sodium which can cause water retention)
    Hard Boiled Eggs

Chicken
    Turkey
    Fish

Edamame
    Brussel sprouts
    Okra
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ^^^Ditto! Check out the group Eat More 2 Weigh Less. It has tons of information (stickies) to read over and it makes total sense. I wouldn't recommend eating 1200. You will be "hangry" all the time...at least I was!
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am one of those very few people who can be satiated eating 1200-1300 calories a day. I am under 5 feet tall with less than 25lbs left to lose. If you are petite and you don't have much to lose, try 1200-1300. If you're taller or have a significant amount to lose, please don't even attempt it. Find out your BMR and go from there.

For suggestions: I eat a lot of oatmeal, eggs, chicken, veggies and fruit. I eat 4 meals a day (2 of those meals having roughly 250 calories and the other 2 having roughly 350 calories). On days when I exercise, I eat back about 75% of those calories. Look into overnight oats (google for recipes) as you can really experiment with flavors so it doesn't feel like you're always eating the same thing. Eat eggs in every form possible (hard boiled, over easy, poached, omelets, etc). Mix things up so that you never get in a rut.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and ideas! I will definitely be trying them.