Hello and Would Love To Find Some Folks in The Columbus OH/G

Options
I am a 41 year old Mom of 4 grown children and Nana to one adorable princess. I started this journey almost 5 years ago when my granddaughter was born. At 295 pounds, I realized I wanted to watch her grow up and realized I wouldn't if I didn't change something. Weight Watcher's was a God send and I got down to 170 after 3 long years. I have over the last year let stress take over somewhat and am now 188. And in all honesty, I LOVE FOOD AND TEND TO LET IT CONTROL ME. I want to learn to Control it!! I am ready to kick butt and change my lifestyle for good. This time though I need to learn to cook healthy and change my overall lifestyle. Tired of "dieting" and eating out of a box!
Would really love to find some folks in the Gahanna/Columbus OH area. Would really be interested in working out together/keeping one another on track. But would also like to find some new online support as well. Look forward to meeting many of you and learning to hold myself accountable again.

Replies

• paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow - I live in Gahanna! I work out at home so I don't know how much I can help in that arena but I am great online support! You've done a fabulous job losing over 100 pounds, so I know you can get to where you want to be. Welcome & please add me as a friend!
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!!

My name is Marina and Im 23 going on to 24 years old and I live in Brazil although I am american. I grew up with a very healthy and exercise-run family so I have never have had a problem with weight...did all sorts of sports during my childhood and adolescence. But, then the perfect man came along and in December 2009 I got married! The best decision of my life but I put my health and body on hold and during these 10 months we have been eating whatever and whenever and doing close to zero exercise and I gained with that almost 12 pounds. This month I decided to make a change and bought P90X and changed my diet to a high protein and low carbs (although I am a vegetarian and substitute with veg. protein!). I would love your support and help and would love to help you too!!

Marina