Focus T25 Question

Options
I have decided to start the T25 next week. As of right now, I have lost over 50 lbs by just walking my dogs, but have found that a lot of my core fat remains, and thought the T25 would be a good challenge.

When I was perusing it though this morning, I came across the food and nutrition booklet. It says that I should restrict my calories to 1600/day. Right now, my MFP is at around 2300/day, and I have been very comfortable with it.

Any comments/suggestions on whether I should stay the course with my cals, or try to restrict to get results. Personally, I think I will get results by staying with MFP, but I would love to hear from you guys!!

Replies

• cdsebranek
    cdsebranek Posts: 1
    Options
    It all depends on you body size and current weight. I'm doing T25 and know that 1600 calories a day would not be enough to fuel me for all that I do. I have a desk job, but between playing with the kids, T25 each day, and other activities 1600 is way too low for me. I'm 6' 7", 195, and age 34 - so depending on your age, size, weight, etc you may need to have more than 1600 calories.

However, if you strictly follow the menu items outlines in the T25 recipe booklet that came with your DVDs, you may find that you get the fuel you need. I like wheat bread and peanut butter too much, but the protein and fiber levels it looks like you get might work. It really just depends on HOW you fuel. You just don't want your body to go into starvation mode because then your results diminish (and it's NOT healthy!).