Benefits of detox?

Options
2»

Replies

• tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    No rage quit, butthurt, or arguing? My faith in humanity has been restored.

tumblr_lrs29jwvvZ1qzrlhgo1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No rage quit, butthurt, or arguing? My faith in humanity has been restored.

tumblr_lrs29jwvvZ1qzrlhgo1_250.gif

I know right?!

tumblr_inline_mv7j1oai8c1s4lh8i.gif
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the replies on this - thanks guys! Glad I seem to be doing something a bit different from the norm anyway... (and I am digging all the gif's!) :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    1307232360516825.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    101198-stormtrooper-twerk-gif-dancing-fjVF.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, you don't need any detox or cleanse. Eat at a Deficit and you'll lose weight. Buy a food scale to ensure that your really eating at a deficit. :-) you'll be fine! :-)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    In for the GIFS and loving that someone asked for advice and then actually accepted it without getting enraged that people actually gave it. :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've recently been working out more and more (and loving it!) and trying hard to start properly logging food to make sure I'm staying in the right calorie levels but wondering if there are benefits (more health, than weight loss) to going on a detox for a few days?

There's so much conflicting advice everywhere that this place has become my go-to for advice. I feel like my body could do with a wee boost to get my properly into the healthier eating way and a detox sounds like it might be a good idea, but don't want to do anything which could be bad for me.

My weight isn't moving much at the moment but I'm putting this down to poor food choices and not religiously logging food (something which I'm trying to do from now on) but having previously eaten a lot of fast-food, processed food and drinking alcohol too regularly, I think my body could really just benefit from a bit of a cleanse.

Any recommendations on decent detox/cleanse plans to use, or general advice? Thanks in advance! :)

Zero benefits. Your energies would be better spent making better food choices and logging consistently.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I occasionally detox when I've been eating badly for awhile. I just go all natural, if you can't shoot it or plant it, then don't eat it. I mostly do it to retrain my taste buds because certain things tend to trigger bad eating habits with me and I can't seem to stay away from them.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like "detox" by Sara Rose. It's a short magazine like book with a one month, or a weekend, diet plan. My husband and I enjoyed the diet and learned to enjoy a few new foods, while doing just fine without some others.
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great replies - I'm gonna go without the detox and just get fully into the logging EVERYTHING I eat and drink :) appreciate you taking the time out to respond :)