BOOB! Sucks to run with them!

Options

Replies

• ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old daughter is a 34JJ and we tried all kinds of sports bras last year for her for PE, finally we found that the Wizard of Bra's (just google it) offers a line of sports bras that work great. She has since gone from 160 lbs to 120 lbs and her bra size is now a 34DDD so we still need to get her the specialty bras to run but now we can get them from Bravissimo.
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have a good sports bra from Marks and Spencer's it's high impact and seems to do the trick, I'm a 34G and haven't lost any boob with my weightloss as of yet :/
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add. If you are going for the double bra, try glamorise magic lift. They give that funny cone shape but a sports bra on top eliminates that. Just get it one band size smaller and you will be amazed. Plus it's cheap!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    All I saw was boobs and suck and I got distracted...

If you gained size as you gained weight, you will lose size as you lose weight. How weight dependent your breast size is is all up to genetics and where you store fat. Some women don't lose anything at all, some lose it all from their boobs first.

edit: My GF actually likes the Champion bras, but she doesn't run in them and isn't quite as big.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm a D and I double up. I wear a regular bra with a sports bra. Champion is a really good tight fitting brand. Good luck
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    My wifes are considerable larger than yours. I bought her a "steel stretch" compression shirt. She loves it.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    glad to see some sports bras I can try thanks !!!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've used Shock Absorbers for years, they have different levels for different sports, I always get level 4.

They're pricier here in the UK, but so worth it. I started out 40HH and I'm now a 32G, but I've always had a to buy a back size larger in this brand of bra than usual.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 36E and couldn't run (or was just really uncomfortable), which is my favorite cardio, but a couple of years ago I got a reduction. However, here are some tip I learned along the way; use 2 to 3 sports bras (a Pamela Anderson tip from an interview years ago) which really works well for any high impact activity. If not, walking uphill at the steepest incline on a treadmill at a slower pace is as effective, or sometimes more than running which is little to no boob bounce. I love my reduction though.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Bras are nice. Working out without running is nice too.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So, I have a rather large chest. I always have since I hit puberty, and now that I have put on weight they just get bigger and bigger.
    I actually just got dressed to get ready to workout and I have to wear a TIGHT sports bra (NIKE) a slim fit heat wear Adidas dri fit shirt (tight) and over it I'll wear a loose fitting shirt or something. So I have two questions:

1) Anyone else have the same boob problem as me? If you do (I'm a size 38(G) can you recommend a supportive sports bra?

2) Has anyone lost some or all of their boob fat after losing some weight?

Any information that you can provide would be helpful! :)

My wife doesn't run much any more but she would wear two sports bras at once to keep them under control.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    if you have a lot to lose, you will likely lose at least a little from everywhere (boobs, feet, etc). how much you lose in your chest really depends on your own body.

but it is worth finding a couple of bras that keep the girls in place at any weight - just be good at washing/rinsing them so they are ready for another day.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 32F and I like Panache underwire sports bras. They have a normal closure, and then the straps clip together for extra support. Amazon has them.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I have a good sports bra from Marks and Spencer's it's high impact and seems to do the trick, I'm a 34G and haven't lost any boob with my weightloss as of yet :/
    I'm a DDD and lost none in my boobs, even with 40 pounds lost.

I gave up running because of my knee, but you have lots of good suggestions for bras here.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have been blessed (cursed) with a large rack since age 14. I went from flat to full overnight and by full I mean, they start in my armpits. Nightmare. I like Champion bras the best to workout AND wear a tight shell over it. The good news for me is that I do lose my boobs first when I drop weight. Lots of push ups and chest work with weights. The bad news is, they turn into empty sags of skin. The good news is that if you already have a loving person in your life, they won't care that you droop like socks with rocks in the bottom! Good luck!
  • relakon
    relakon Posts: 1
    Options
    So, I wear a 32 JJ cup. At my weird size, I have to shop online. I really like the Panache (the Tango line, specifically) line of bras. I haven't bought a sports bra yet, but have heard that the Panache Maximum Control Sports bra is awesome. They can be pricey, but you can find deals online. My favorite sites are Bare necessities, HerRoom, Amazon. As for losing boob weight, when I lost about 30 pounds, my boobs stayed the same, making me feel even more off kilter! Then they grew again when I got pregnant and started nursing. I've pretty much fully weaned my kiddo but they're still a good size or two larger than before I had him. I've heard my situation is not the norm, though. :) Good luck!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My favorite - Natori underwire. Main reason I like them - they can be worn to work like a normal bra, so a quick change and I'm on my way. No uniboob, although the front/top part of the wires tends to jut out a little and that can be mildly annoying. The straps are nice and wide and soft, and the cotton jersey is a nice comfortable fabric. They're a lingerie style, so probably not ok to wear without a shirt. YMMV - I was never as "endowed" as some of the posters on this thread.

I've lost enough boob fat that I can often get away with just a normal underwire now, which makes me VERY happy. Now to do more presses and perk up what's left a bit.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a 42F or a 42DDD and I wear an Enell sportsbra in size 4. I highly recommend an Enell and get a size 5.
  • Itstime1048
    Itstime1048 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Enell all the way! Will hold you down and NO underwire digging into your skin. They are pricey ($60) but will hold you down if you are doing high impact workouts such as running, jump rope, etc. I can't brag enough about them, I searched for years for a sports bra in a DDD+ and after trying many, Enell is the only bra so far that holds the girls down. It is not a fancy bra, it hooks from the front (lots of hooks) but I can say one thing, it will hold you still and you will no longer hurt doing high impact workouts.
  • ehuschka
    ehuschka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm only a 34D but I was trying to wear two sports bras for my runs/Insanity. It doesn't really work that well.
    But I have found the love of my life in the Moving Comfort Juno sports bra. Mostly because you purchase it by bra size instead of S/M/L.

Heres the link if you want to check it out.
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla&src=pgooplas&mr:trackingCode=23816AC9-0ACA-E111-9312-001B21A69EB8&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=20629562882&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=28771663202&gclid=CMiHyYKCmL4CFePm7AodyBYAQA