Running NSV

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I have been on MFP for nearly 3 years now. The last year has been rough. I've mostly maintained (maybe gained a couple of pounds) while trying to lose the last 20ish pounds. But, I have lost inches over the last year and greatly improved my running!

I completed my second half marathon this past Sunday. While I'm certainly still slow (and in the bottom 20%...sigh), I made big improvements over last year. My time last year was 2:51:44 and my time this year (on a tougher course that was about 6 miles of dirt roads covered in mud and potholes) was 2:33:04. I was thrilled with my time and had just hoped to be under the 2:40 mark!

Replies

• ndasilva85
    ndasilva85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My first was 2:51 also :) Thats a wonderful improvement... quite an accomplishment- go you!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's a huge improvement, and a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • KayandBelle
    KayandBelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have been running for 2 years now and I'm almost under the 2 hour mark for the half. I still have 8 more pounds to lose. I was almost there and then gained 5 pounds back under stressful circumstances. I'm back on the wagon and hoping to lose that final 8 pounds. Running has been an incredible motivator for me. Without it I don't think I could have lost weight. In February 2012, I reached the tipping point weighing the most I have ever had at 156. Now I am 138. Most of the time I lost pounds without dieting and just running my miles, but these final stubborn pounds are going to be tough and I am diligently tracking my food intake, so I know where you are coming from.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's a great improvement. Good for you!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Great Job! thats an awesome improvement.
  • maddiegab
    maddiegab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You did a wonderful job!
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is a huge improvement, you should be damn proud of yourself. Good job!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm on week 6 of C25K, but I hope to be where you are in the near future. Keep it up!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep on running ;)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that's an amazing improvement! And we're almost the same pace - my half last month was 2:36:04, which was also better than my first half.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!