Hi there...

Options
My name is Joy and I NEED to change my lifestyle. I've gained 70 pounds in the last 18 months following the death of my Grandma. Heart problems run in my family and it's time I get serious about staying alive! I'm hoping this website will give me the boost I need and help me stay accountable to myself!

Replies

• tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandma and welcome to MFP!
  • Shaleefries
    Options
    Way to go.

The best advice I've been given while on my weight loss journey is when you motivate others, you motivate yourself. Talk about nutrition and exercise a lot. Make it a main focus of your mind Don't eat another meal until you've logged your previous meal. Don't eat any food you didn't prepare or bring to work yourself. Avoid junk cupboards, if you never look in them you'll never know what you could be eating.

Pay attention to how your body feels. Not just inside, but outside as well. How does it feel when you cross your legs now? Is it a little tight and uncomfortable? Does your crossed leg have a hard time staying on top of your other leg? Stick to your diet and see how it feels to cross your legs in a month or two. Or how out of breath do you get from bending over and tying your shoes? These are all the things that I've loved discovering. Not to mention the extreme boost of confidence you get just from making healthier food choice, let alone the physical changes you'll see that bring confidence as well. Living a healthy lifestyle can really become addictive. And it feels so great!
  • brookejoye
    Options
    Sorry for your loss :( If you need any support on here, please feel free to add me as a friend. Godd luck! You can do it!