Heart Rate Monitor..need opinions!

Options
So I've been looking at HRMs for months now. A little overwhelmed at first, but I know I want to get a polar for sure. I finally have the money for one, and now...no clue which model to buy! I've been looking at F4's, FT7's, F6's, I've looked so much my head is gonna start spinning!! LOL! I've been hitting up ebay mostly, looking for some good deals and those 3 models have some good ones...

So, just looking for those who have a polar HRM and which model you have and what you think about it. I want one that's not too complicated. Any help would be great! Thanks so much for your time and help!!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    FT7 replaced the F6, they still sell the F6 but for not much more you can buy the latest greatest. A number of folks are pretty fond of that model on here. You'll likely get other suggestions as well. It can be overwhelming but if you do a search on here you'll see TONS of other threads where ppl asked the very same question and you can skim through that if you'd like, might help you read up a bit.

The big deal is to be sure you're getting a chest strap and not just the watch so you've got the accuracy, if you swim check to see if the model you want will work for that (again FT7:tongue::laugh: )

Not sure if I mentioned FT7?:wink::smooched:
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought the FT4 and I like it a lot. I went on the Polar website and did the comparison to see if the features on the FT7 I could live without and I could. I think overstock.com had a deal on the FT7 last week.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar F6 for $54 at Sears because they are closing them out. I also got the $8 3-year replacement because if it goes bad, the guy said they would replace it with the comparable F7
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks all and binary_jester, I think I'll have to check my local Sears!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Thanks all and binary_jester, I think I'll have to check my local Sears!
    If anything, see if they will price match from another Sears. I got mine at the Sears in South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA.