What motivates you to keep going?

Options
This diet seems to be sticking, but even sitting here at work I am having a battle in my head about the pecan pie sitting on my counter at home. It's calling my name! I've been hungry all day, but I've done well, drank my water, etc... so I am trying to think of the things I have to look forward too in the upcoming months if I stick to my diet:

- Seeing the family at the holidays and whether they notice or not, I will know that I've changed
- If I lose all the weight I want to lose, hubby has promised to take me to our fav vacation spot to celebrate
- All the jeans in my bottom drawer that I haven't worn in years (hope they're still in style!)
- Looking hot in a bathing suit, or just a tank top and shorts summer 2011
- friend's wedding at a beach resort next June

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a food lover! Today has been extremely hard. But, the cute pants I bought 2 sizes smaller than I was is a HUGE motivator!!! And now realizing how low my self esteem WAS, but is now getting back to where I feel good about myself. It's not about the scale, or even the inches for me
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think the thing that keeps me motivated is the fact that I have no more "FAT GIRL" clothes hanging in my closet. I went through and got all the 20W and 18W clothes out, gave them away. Now I only have what fits and smaller sizes. Being a Stay at Home Mom, and not really having the budget for clothes is what keeps me going. I can only go down, not up!
  • SRA1
    SRA1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I haven't set up a profile yet but felt compelled to respond to your post. All your motivators are great but I'm a little concerned that your weight goal is so very low. At 5' 3" the lowest weight for a small frame female age 18-59 is 111# Your goal is 6# lower. I am the same height. Please take a look at some of the standard weight charts I know that this is none of my business but......
  • ladyashley81
    ladyashley81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Knowing I will see my family for the first time in months at Thanksgiving and really wanting to shock them :) Then do it all again at Christmas. Oh, and turning 30 this year, those are my motivators.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    In July what got me motivated was that:

- I didn't want to weigh more than my mom or my sister. My sister has always been skinny (but complains 24/7 that she is fat and says she needs to lose weight - um she is 135 THAT'S NOT FAT nor does she need to lose weight.)

- I wanted to complete an exercise program and get that free t-shirt (Insanity) and to also prove that I can finish something

- Tried of hating myself.

Now what keeps me going is:

- much more better sex life. My husband never had an issue about the way I looked. I was 135 when met and 6 years later I got to 175. Just that now I'm always down to my undies checking out my body in the mirror LOL and I have much more body confidence. I haven't worn lingerie in a LONG time and now my hubby is happy to see me wear it again =)

- all the compliments I get on my body now

- I plan on having at least one more baby. Both of my pregnancies with my girls I stayed under 190lbs. Last pregnancy though I was 185...so I was dreading it cause it meant that I would be over 200lbs but instead of gaining I lost a lot of weight (that I gained back after she was born). We also want a boy and I read overweight women tend to have more girls than boys.
    I also want to get my body ready for another pregnancy & the third c-section ( does stink that I'm building back my stomach muscles just for them be cut again lol)

- I want to dance again. Once I stopped dancing that's when I started to let myself go.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Hi, I haven't set up a profile yet but felt compelled to respond to your post. All your motivators are great but I'm a little concerned that your weight goal is so very low. At 5' 3" the lowest weight for a small frame female age 18-59 is 111# Your goal is 6# lower. I am the same height. Please take a look at some of the standard weight charts I know that this is none of my business but......

Healthy range for 5'3 is 104.4 - 141.1 (going from MFP)

I myself though don't want to go lower than 130lbs - When I was 135 I was like my sister and thought I was fat and needed to lose weight (now I'm like HELLO!! You were a size 8!!).

My goal is 145lbs and once I hit that my focus will be more on toning vs trying to lose more weight. If I happen to go back down to 135 - that's fine too. I
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Seeing my weight go down every week. Also Turbo Fire definitely keeps me motivated and seeing my schedule on the fridge.
  • skyefrank
    skyefrank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use EFT to keep me on track its very effective for getting rid of bad habits and reprogramming your mind set http://skyefrank.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/what-is-emotional-freedom-technique-eft/
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the concern, I know it's on the low end, but I set it there with the intention to reassess my goals once I hit 115... I'm more about Jean sizes than weight anyways... So I'd like to be a size 3. I'm 125 now and am fat. I have a lot of fat to burn and a lot of muscle to build. When I was 21 I weighed 125 and was a size 3 because I was so athletic from running cross country. Having two kids really turned that all around. I just wanna look as good as I did in college.... With a bit wider hips of course.... I wanna be lean.