Is this enough?

Options
Ok, so I'm just starting out with my workouts. My mom bought me a gym membership for my birthday, and the gym is only two blocks from me. I have gone a few times already. I have a two month old and I just started back to work full time. I think working out everyday is not going to be realistic for me :) I'm thinking 3 times a week for 30-40 minutes. As I get back into it, and my baby gets older, I think I can go for longer/more often. As long as I stay withing my calorie limit this should be fine, right?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    When I started out, I only worked out 1 to 3 times per week. I've increased that to almost every day now, but you don't HAVE to workout every day to successfully lose weight. :flowerforyou: A few times a week should be fine! I'm not losing weight any faster now that I'm working out more, but it does let me eat more, which is nice, and I feel healthier/better in general.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Its what ever fits into your schedule! Do what you can at the gym and do things you can do at home when you get home. Its what works for you..
  • GingerKid
    Options
    I tend to lurk a lot and not post...but I wanted to say YES! You should be fine!! You'll just want to monitor any milk decreases, and make sure you're getting enough calories so your production doesn't drop.

One thing my trainer told me (and not just him, but my brother (trainer) and his roommate (trainer))...80% of your weightloss is your diet. This is very sad panda for me because it's my BIGGEST (horrid) hurdle! I can rock the workouts but calories in??? Ouch!

I fully blame my diet for my lack of significant weightloss. :(
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Let's see----full time Mom----full time job
    3 times a week workout
    24 hrs in a day..........It looks like your priorities in order!

Great job! will become easier as child turns 30 months...[speaking from experiance]

Save a little energy for yourself & husband:wink:
  • donnell210
    Options
    enough for now!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Let's see----full time Mom----full time job
    3 times a week workout
    24 hrs in a day..........It looks like your priorities in order!

Great job! will become easier as child turns 30 months...[speaking from experiance]

Save a little energy for yourself & husband:wink:

She said it PERFECTLY! :o) And when you can't squeeze a workout in here and there be sure not to be yourself up over it! Make sure you keep track of your breast feeding calories and your gym time too! You are going to be a skinny minnie before you know it! :o)
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    Everyone is right on the money. I lost 45 pounds exercising 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I doubt I have accelerated my weight loss at going beyond that. I only work out more now because I can.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite. I work out ALOT and eat too much. So yes you would more then likely do better then me. The working out just gives you more cheat days, revs the metabolism a bit more and tones. Good luck. COngrats! and know that every little bit is better then nothing
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! You have an infant and a full time job, it's perfect.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I am the opposite. I work out ALOT and eat too much. So yes you would more then likely do better then me. The working out just gives you more cheat days, revs the metabolism a bit more and tones. Good luck. COngrats! and know that every little bit is better then nothing

sounds like me!

shorter more intense workouts can be just as effective so even if you only have 20 minutes it is worth it and will work :)
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Yeah, that's all the working out needed as long as your diet is right. Another thing, your gym is the perfect distance from your house. That's a plus.