EXHAUSTED after exercise?

Options
I have a problem where some workouts tire me to the point where I can't function for the rest of the day. So far this has happened with hiking and walking 10k so moreso prolonged moderate effort rather than short but difficult exercise. It's not about muscle soreness, I just feel sleepy for the rest of the day and could nap till next morning. I thought it was dehydration but I've been making sure to drink plenty before and after the long workout. Anyone else get this? What do you do to overcome it?

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a problem where some workouts tire me to the point where I can't function for the rest of the day. So far this has happened with hiking and walking 10k so moreso prolonged moderate effort rather than short but difficult exercise. It's not about muscle soreness, I just feel sleepy for the rest of the day and could nap till next morning. I thought it was dehydration but I've been making sure to drink plenty before and after the long workout. Anyone else get this? What do you do to overcome it?
    I have had some intense workouts that wore me out, but after about an hour it actually rejuvenated me.

Are you just starting out with alot of tough workouts?
    I know when I first started to work out hard and run alot I would get very tired afterwards and it would make me sleep like a baby in a few hours when I went to bed.

Once I got into better shape the workouts acted as a reversal of it and kept me awake and therefore had to start doing them in the AM.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to sustain the exercise? Getting enough protein?
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Are you just starting exercise??
    What is your daily calorie goal (and are you actually eating those calories and some of the exercise calories back)???

I'm very tired today, but I can put that down to a 20 mile run on Sunday, followed by a PT session that was cardio based, I've eaten extra calories today to compensate!!