How to lose fat on my stomach immediately

Options
2»

Replies

• CABeachBelle
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, NOT the gym. So I would look super closely at what you are eating. I would say high protien, low carbs. That should do it.
  • littlemary1234
    littlemary1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i know where you're coming from girl- 4'10 108lbs. I used to be 100lbs also, and looked and felt great. Then I gained about 20lbs. But since then lost 12. I put on the weight in my mid section and boobs (which is not always a bad thing unless youve had a reduction and dont like boobs, like myself).

Sometimes it's hard to accept advise from others who don't have a similar body type.

Things that work for me:
    cut out carbonated drinks (soda, beer)
    dont drink alcohol, at all ( I notice if I have the smallest amount, my weight loss halts)
    Try not to eat fast food
    Eat a limited meat diet (eat veggie burgers instead)
    dont eat chocolate/sweets.

For small bodies like ours, once we get over a certain age, things we did before won't work again as easily.
    We need to do something different to shock our bodies out of the weight retention routine it's used to.

I'm going to try some water pills to help with the bloat around my stomach area, as that's always the stubbornest area for me:flowerforyou:
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The best way to lose fat in the abdominal area (in my experience) is to cut carb consumption. There's a lot of evidence out there that because carbs raise your insulin level (and insulin promotes fat accumulation in the abdominal area) that changing the diet to prevent insulin spikes helps to encourage the body to let go of abdominal fat.

I started following a ketogenic diet 30 days ago and lost 2.5 inches in the waist in a month.

There's a reason why the beer belly exists and there's no such thing as as vodka belly ;-)

Good luck...you already look amazing!
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You need a caloric deficit. That's it. Track your calories and make sure you're under your goal every day. It's really that simple. You don't have to cut out specific foods or do specific exercises.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I first would like to say, great job on reaching your goal. I am still in the progress of reaching my goals. I am so glad I found this site because I can make friends that are going through the same things i'm going through. Well, I am half way to my goal after my son was born and I came across a wonderful all natural, organic product that will tighten and tone the stomach area. email me to find out more.

xxxxxxxx@gmail.com

I would love to help you out. It's done wonders for me and it has also got rid of all my stretch marks after I lost all the weight. email me and I could give you the details on where to get it and how to do it.

No. Just no.

It is against the TOS to try to sell your products on the forums. It's also against their TOS to put your email in a thread.

Urg. OP, don't listen to this ("this" meaning the top quote that's trying to sell you garbage). And if anyone else is gonna quote it, block out the email address please!

Edited to specify what OP should ignore!

Reported user for spam!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    i know where you're coming from girl- 4'10 108lbs. I used to be 100lbs also, and looked and felt great. Then I gained about 20lbs. But since then lost 12. I put on the weight in my mid section and boobs (which is not always a bad thing unless youve had a reduction and dont like boobs, like myself).

Sometimes it's hard to accept advise from others who don't have a similar body type.

Things that work for me:
    cut out carbonated drinks (soda, beer)
    dont drink alcohol, at all ( I notice if I have the smallest amount, my weight loss halts)
    Try not to eat fast food
    Eat a limited meat diet (eat veggie burgers instead)
    dont eat chocolate/sweets.

For small bodies like ours, once we get over a certain age, things we did before won't work again as easily.
    We need to do something different to shock our bodies out of the weight retention routine it's used to.

I'm going to try some water pills to help with the bloat around my stomach area, as that's always the stubbornest area for me:flowerforyou:

Great advice. Said no one ever.

First off, you don't need to lose it immediately.

As already stated by those with a brain... eat at a mild calorie deficit and exercise. You don't need to avoid any foods you do not want to. Lifting (heavy compounds in particular) will help with core development as well.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    People just do not understand the concept of losing weight. They solely think all that have to do is Increase cardio and restrict certain foods. When in fact all you need is a caloric deficit and exercise.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You can't target where you lose and the stomach is the last to go (usually). Just eat less and workout and eventually you will be where you once were. However, don't go by the scale. I've lost 5 sizes and stayed at the same weight on the scale as I lifted weights. Go by how your clothes fits/measurements,etc...
    ^^ This ^^
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    the easiest and most successful way for you to lose the fat on your stomach NOW... Is to stop eating food Last year!