bodybuilding.com success?

Options
Who has used bodybuilding.com programs? I'm looking for one to help me shed fat and strengthen but not strain my joints/back. I know proper form is key but even so, you can still hurt yourself a lot with lifting. Advice? Experiences with bodybuilding.com?

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've never done any of their big programs like those by Jamie Eason, but you can look at their athletes of the week articles, and see if there are training routines that you like. I have done that a few times. They are usually well lined up, as far as working every muscle group throughout the week, including cardio routines and rest days. They also list their favorite meal plans along with it.
    As far as preventing injuries, you don't have to lift a ton of weight to get results, just enough to consider it 'heavy for you', and when you get comfortable enough, then take it up a notch at a time. Numbers are all relative! Check the exercise library for correct form, tips for injury prevention, and alternate exercises.
  • OnTheGround
    OnTheGround Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm using the BodySpace app and currently working through a Jamie Eason program and I love it. I supplement it with running and usually add some cardio to the beginning and end of the work out, but I've lost about 3 inches off my waist so far.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    good programs. Especially the workout programs listed as "Stickies" in the forum "Workout Programs"....
  • ForPick
    ForPick Posts: 2
    Options
    shortcut to shred by Jim Stoppani. But you have to be prepared to get your butt stomped. bodybuilding.com
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've done Live Fit and some other program whose name escapes me. Both were pretty good, and I got some pretty impressive results with Live Fit (through Phase 2- at the time, my goals didn't require the kind of extreme cut she does in Phase 3). On the downside, LiveFit and the other one had too many isolation exercises IMO for beginners to intermediates. When I restarted after getting pretty out of shape due to a shredded ankle and general sloth, I found that focusing more on compound movements worked better and was more efficient.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!