Weight Loss Surgery?

Hey guys,

I am an Apple shape and weigh in between 173-175, with a bmi of 27 (5' 7"). The issue that I am facing is that I can't lose in my stomach and can't lose any more weight at all. I used to weigh 200, and then got down to 160, and then I started having thyroid (hypothyroidism) and gained 15 pounds. If I eat 1200 calories, I gain weight, and quickly because of my thyroid. I am working with my doctor on getting it under control as it keeps fluctuating up and down. All my fat is in my stomach, and even when I lost 40 pounds, I did not lose a single inch. I gained 15 pounds, and I gained 4 inches in my stomach.

Obviously there is something going on and I have absolutely no energy. Working out makes me feel worse than I did to start with, so I can't work out. I get really dizzy (from not eating enough), then I get really hot and feel like I'm going to get sick, then I start coughing. So working out is not an option right now, not to mention that when that when I do anything, the pressure from my chest (38H) makes it impossible to breathe.

I wanted to talk to my doctor about getting a breast reduction and some type of weight loss surgery, but for the surgeries, I do not have a BMI that is high enough to consider it (3 away). Has anyone had any experience with getting approval despite having a BMI that is below the criteria?

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    If you truly are set on weight loss surgery (which I strongly advise against), why not just gain more weight to get to the right BMI?