Using both a Fitbit and HRM to sync to MFP?

Options
Hello,
I recently purchased a HRM (that I used with the Endomondo app) and am considering purchasing a fitbit flex as well. Has anyone used these two devices together? I thought I saw someone say that they actually correspond well together and the fitbit calories burned adjusts when you do a workout while using the HRM so that you have a more accurate count of calories burned, rather than just counting for it twice. What is everyone's experience with this?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I do. I use my HRM for cardio-based exercise (but I also wear my Fitbit to count the steps).

When I'm done, I log onto the MFP app and input the calories burned from my HRM, along with the time I started the exercise and length of the session. MFP then syncs to Fitbit and overwrites the calories Fitbit calculated at the time.

For exercises like hiking or walking, I let Fitbit handle the burn and don't input anything into MFP.

I find the three tools work great together.

Hope that helps!
  • jenniferhorn87
    jenniferhorn87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have endomondo set up to automatically sync to MFP when i complete a workout, so i wonder if it'll still work the same way
  • Love62
    Love62 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex, but I do several water aerobics classes a week, so I want to purchase a polar hrm for this purpose.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit and an HRM and both work great with MFP. I use the Digifit app to log workouts with the HRM and my fitbit for incidental daily activity. I really like having accurate calorie burn info to go by each day.

Make sure to read the app advice on the best way to connect the 3 things (fitbit, your HRM logging app, and MFP) so they all sync correctly without double counting. I used to use MapMy Fitness for HRM stuff and it was best to link that directly to MFP. With Digifit, I link it to fitbit and let fitbit send the combined activity data to MFP. There will be FAQs that tell you the best way to do this with whatever apps you prefer.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do. I use my HRM for cardio-based exercise (but I also wear my Fitbit to count the steps).

When I'm done, I log onto the MFP app and input the calories burned from my HRM, along with the time I started the exercise and length of the session. MFP then syncs to Fitbit and overwrites the calories Fitbit calculated at the time.

For exercises like hiking or walking, I let Fitbit handle the burn and don't input anything into MFP.

I find the three tools work great together.

Hope that helps!

I do the same thing... Seems to work perfectly together!