Paleo anyone?

Options
My name is christa and I have spent the past 18 years , 100 lbs over weight. I have been Eating paleo since March 18th and as of today have lost 22 lbs. Is there anyone else doing this?

Replies

• Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    a lot of people do it, I personally find it useless, as long as you're on a deficit. If you eat an apple tomorrow on the keto diet (or the paleo) and drink water.. you will gain back 10 lbs... The reason why people like the paleo is cause the first week, you lose all your glycogen storages and that makes you lose ~10 lbs of water weight
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd rather enjoy my apple or slice of bread and lose weight rather worrying about whether or not I will gain it all back with 1 meal
  • KatMarieLivinG
    KatMarieLivinG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the paleo diet for a few months now. I never noticed how much of a bad effect grains and dairy had on me until I started this diet. I eat as paleo as I can afford, and I also have my cheat meals. They seem to get more paleo as the months go on. I have TONS of recipes if you're stuck for some ideas. Biggest thing I find is to not stress over every bit of food if it's paleo or not. I don't see paleo as a diet, it's just choosing better foods. You will get a lot of people who try and tear you down for eating this way simply because they do not understand it and don't want to. Add me if like.
  • LiteWeight64
    LiteWeight64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Paleo MFP friends!
  • Fat2FitnessMommy
    Options
    ash :)
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Nah
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I do a modified version of paleo that is more sustainable in the long term. I eat lean meats, fresh veggies, nuts and seeds and a small amount of fruit. I steer clear of processed foods but will sometimes have a potato and some milk products.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    <---- my avatar eats paleo
  • LIswimmer51
    LIswimmer51 Posts: 96
    Options
    congratulations on your success with Paleo, I hope I see similar results as I am on day 2 of my 30 day challenge with it.
  • Katy_KooKoo
    Options
    I'm new to Paleo.

Can anyone recommend what my daily nutrient goals should be? I'm a bit confused how to do it to fit in with Paleo.

Thanks
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto currently which is in the same category. Just a little more fat and a little less fruit.

I still love my tomatoes and smoothies occasionally though!
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    apples are allowed on paleo. it's not always low carb. just no processed carbs or white potatoes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    a lot of people do it, I personally find it useless, as long as you're on a deficit. If you eat an apple tomorrow on the keto diet (or the paleo) and drink water.. you will gain back 10 lbs... The reason why people like the paleo is cause the first week, you lose all your glycogen storages and that makes you lose ~10 lbs of water weight
    hyperbole, thy name is hitsec
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I do something called calorie deficit to lose weight…oh wait, so do you …
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    apples are allowed on paleo. it's not always low carb. just no processed carbs or white potatoes.

lol…and let the verbal paleo gymnastics begin …

if paleo is so great why there are a million different ways to not do "paleo" as it was intended…whatever that is...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Paleo MFP friends!
    You may have better luck with the paleo group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group

These threads invariably turn into paleo bashing threads.

ps: I'm not "paleo" per se, but get why some folks are, and I'm a member of that group.
  • MsUndastood247
    MsUndastood247 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to thank you too

I think different lifestyles work for different people... makes no sense to me to bash any one way
    if it works. it works :D
  • ilovebettiepage
    Options
    hi, I just started paleo 6 days ago, and I'm already down pounds! I love this way of eating, it actually works!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

What??? I think you have paleo and keto confused. In your defense, many paleo eaters are keto-paleo or keto-primal, but paleo in itself is not automatically very low carb and fruit is usually eaten regularly.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I do something called calorie deficit to lose weight…oh wait, so do you …
    No doubt.

Rather eat whatever foods I want with some restraint than half to follow all those rules.

No white potatoes? Didnt know the diet was racist too...