Success-how did u do it? What excercises/diet worked best!

Options
2»

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Log everything.
    Mix up your workouts.
    STAY POSITIVE.
  • Tomboly1
    Tomboly1 Posts: 42
    Options
    What worked best for me was (and is) not marking anything off the table. If I want to indulge in a candy bar or cake one day, okay I'll make room for it. Even though I eat way less calories than I used to before I started this journey, I have not felt deprived of any of my favorite sinful foods. I exercise as much as I can find time for. I usually do 2-3 75 min swims a week in addition to 1-2 days of 50 min circuit training. That leaves me with most days having extra exercise calories to eat. If I have a bad day and eat too much, I don't fret it, I'll get back on track the next day.

I've got 90lbs to loose, and I am 25 lbs down so obviously what I am doing is working. I will echo Jcraig10 here: Stay positive. Don't give up, this is a lifetime change and won't happen over night. Enjoy the little things and find some exercise you love!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! And the #1 most important thing is being consistent and sticking with it. Eating at a calorie deficit is important, exercise is important, but you won't eat at a deficit every day and you won't exercise every day. We're all human, we all have things in life that get in the way. Don't get discouraged, don't give up. Just get back on the horse and keep riding!

The most important thing that you're consistent, you log everything in your food diary and don't leave anything out. Log daily, even if you're like me and go out with friends and drink 1,000 calories worth of alcohol... oops. Logged. I've still lost weight! In the past 4 months, I've gone 2 weeks doing no exercise whatsoever.

I've stalled, my weight has gone up, then back down, then a little bit back up again. It's not linear, and you won't see a loss every week even if you're doing *everything* right.

Don't give up! MFP works, just be consistent!

Yup, this! 50 pounds gone. Consistency is the key. Getting a food scale and using it everyday was one of the success pillars for me as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!