Deal Alert - Heart Rate Monitor Digital Watch

Options
I found a great deal on a New Balance® HRT Fit Komen Stainless Steel Heart Rate Monitor Digital Watch for just $27.00. It is on the Kohl's website just search for "Heart Rate Monitor Digital Watch" and it comes right up. I also used coupon code "takeoff20" for an extra 20% off! This is a great deal if you are in the market for a heart rate monitor. It also has a stop watch and alarm to use when working out. I bought the same one at Target for $50 and will be taking it back. Thought I'd pass it along...

Replies

• maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    oh thanks for the heads up!
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thanks im umping on that deal.i was thinking of getting one, but that deal seals the deal.
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in the market :-)

I assume this version has a calorie counter as well?

Right now my favorite I've seen is this Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor T5G971

(http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors/timex-personal-trainer-heart-rate-monitor-t5g971)

Has great reviews and is pretty cheap. Anyone heard anything about it?
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Thanks! Btw, it comes to $23.89 with the discount, shipping, tax, etc.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind the chest strap ones are far more accurate...not sure if this model has one...but just a heads up:flowerforyou:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I posted this elsewhere, but this weekend I got a Polar F6 for $54 and the 3 year extended replacement for $8. I got it at the Sears in Costa Mesa, so maybe they price match.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in the market :-)

I assume this version has a calorie counter as well?

Right now my favorite I've seen is this Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor T5G971

(http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors/timex-personal-trainer-heart-rate-monitor-t5g971)

Has great reviews and is pretty cheap. Anyone heard anything about it?
    I was just looking at this one you shared the link on....this one does come with a chest strap and runs $60...it talked about concerns on unreliability on occasion in the description. I've found doing a Google on a certain model (whatever item you're looking for customer comments on) and looking up 'comments' can really help me decide if there's enough positive in the item to outweight the few negative or if there's more negative feedback.

Might be worth checking out before investing just like anything else. I'm set on the the Polar brand FT7 and have heard great things about that from reading sites online and from many members on here. If you do a search for HRM's on here you'll find loads of info and might find the particular brand you mentioned being interested in.

Good luck:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I posted this elsewhere, but this weekend I got a Polar F6 for $54 and the 3 year extended replacement for $8. I got it at the Sears in Costa Mesa, so maybe they price match.
    Excellent price for an F6...good for you!!:drinker: Always fun to get a deal!!:tongue:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just put in my order!
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    :) THANK YOU!! i was actually just searching amazon.com earlier today for a HRM. i'm glad i didn't purchase one of those first! mine is officially ordered now. thanks again!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! My sister & daughter may be getting one too!
  • BridgetteFLA
    Options
    I'm not sure if this one has a calorie counter? Also, no it doesn't have a chest strap. However I think for my use it is a good deal and I often use a stop watch when working out at the gym so this is ideal for me to use instead of trying to see the gym clock from the floor doing crunches etc. It also has an alarm so if you wanted to work out for 45 min.s say you can set that. All in all it is good for some people but not best for all. Thanks for all the other tips everyone!
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    anyone else notice that the calorie counter on this HRM is REALLY high??