How long did it take you to burn 30 pounds?

Options
Maqneta
Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
so I'm currently 228lb I know It's pretty big for my age and not something I'm at all proud of but I'm trying to get to 175-180lb!
I'm seeing really minor weight changes in the 10 pounds I have lost so far and hoping maybe I'll see more soon.

Just curious on how fast you managed to burn weight and if so what tips you can suggest?

Replies

• elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    month and a half
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm male, 5'10. I lost about 40 lbs in 2000 and again in 2011 (starting at 200+ lbs both times). It took about six months ... about five months for 30 lbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    so I'm currently 228lb I know It's pretty big for my age and not something I'm at all proud of but I'm trying to get to 175-180lb!
    I'm seeing really minor weight changes in the 10 pounds I have lost so far and hoping maybe I'll see more soon.

Just curious on how fast you managed to burn weight and if so what tips you can suggest?

To lose weight enter your stats in MFP, choose 1-1.5lb a week weight loss, enter your true activity level and it will give you the calories to eat for you to lose weight. If you choose to exercise log that too and eat back 50-75% of those calories...to fuel your next workout.

Stay in your deficet and bam...weight lost...those are my suggestions for weight loss...

For fitness start lifting weights...get in enough protien...

I lost 30lbs in 10months...as a woman I am good with that as I have lifted weights 7 of those months and have lowered by BF% by 10%...
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 in October and am now 170. The first 30 came off quicker. It took 4 months and Christmas was in the middle of it.
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 in October and am now 170. The first 30 came off quicker. It took 4 months and Christmas was in the middle of it.
    I was a bit heavier when I started, but it was about the same for me... 4 months.
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My ticker says -28 pounds but it is really slightly over 30 lost in 5 months. I have lost weight very quickly in the past and never kept it off this time I am going for slow and maintainable.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i dropped 30 lbs from when i started at the end of october (the 28th to be exact) to around mid December, so a month and a half, but bear in mind a good amount of that was water weight and i started out needing to lose almost 100lbs
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    3 months from about 190 to 160, 5' 2" female. The rest will be slower (increased calories today).
  • jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    About 3.5 months (14 weeks).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    about 4 months for me - I started at 262 on March 25th last year and was at 230 on July 29th. Since then it has slowed a bit, the next 30 lb took 5.5 months to lose, putting me at 199 in mid-January. I'm currently at 186 so it has slowed even more as I get closer to my goal of 170 (approx.). I'm 5'8"
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    thank you all :D
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    3 months. From 180 - 150. Currently 147. Three more and I'm done.