When seeing a nutritionist

Options
I made an appointment to see a nutritionist once I decided I wanted to lose weight and couldn't get in untill tomorrow, 1 and a half months later. I have already learned so much from the MFP community and other forms of research I'm at a loss for questions, but it took me so long to actually see her, I don't want to just not show up because I'm sure she has a lot of intel to offer. Im just not sure exactly what to ask. Any ideas?

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I made an appointment to see a nutritionist once I decided I wanted to lose weight and couldn't get in untill tomorrow, 1 and a half months later. I have already learned so much from the MFP community and other forms of research I'm at a loss for questions, but it took me so long to actually see her, I don't want to just not show up because I'm sure she has a lot of intel to offer. Im just not sure exactly what to ask. Any ideas?

You could ask her if she's on MFP, and she could check your diary, and give you recommendations for improvement. My dietician was the one who put me onto MFP in the first place, and that was worth her cost, right there. She basically used it to set up my macros etc, all stuff that I could have done, had I known. If she's not, try printing a week's worth of your diary or so, to show her. I keep assuming your nutritionist will be a her.

If she's any kind of conversationalist, you shouldn't have any trouble talking to her. Obviously, it's a subject you are both very interested in. If you're also considering it as a career path, you can ask questions about education, and the job itself. I bet the time flies, once you're there. I really enjoyed talking to my dietician, and plan to make another appointment, and take my son.