body fat percentage

Options
Hi fellow MFPs

I have changed my priority to losing some body fat started at 45.5 and im now at 29.9 (in a yr) im 29 yrs old and im 5ft 5 and weigh 157lbs what should I be aiming for as ive read a lot of conflicting advice any opinions welcome

Replies

• crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Staying within the 20's percentage is considered healthy at your age. Everyone has a different goal as far as what they prefer, either health or aesthetic goals. I feel healthy when I am closer to the low 20 percent, so it's really what you want for yourself. My goal though is to hit between 18-20% for myself.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply I still have wobbly hips and tummy and need to address that as well as sculpting so will aim for low 20's thanks once again
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont know what my bodyfat % is, i just go by how i look in the mirror - when i am happy with my reflection i will stop trying to lose!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My starting BF was 29.9, now I'm at 21+. I would say 20-25, depending on how you look and feel in your body.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5" and my bodyfat is 23%. My goal is 19-20% if that helps. Most women are happy in that range or a little higher (if you're getting it tested properly that is, online calculators are basically worthless imo).
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    yea I get mine checked by a health professional