Fat rant

alantin
alantin Posts: 621 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I was looking up info on fat as a macro nutrient and came accross this video. There are things that I don't agree in it, namely the notions that losing weight is futile and that obesity doesn't affect your quality of life at all. Quality of life problems might not show yet when you're young but I for one have always had high blood pressure and began to feel discomfort in my joints when I was 23, and I have been merely over weight, never obese! So I'm not going to wait till I'm 50 and see what happens before doing something about it!

If you fix your relationship with food and make a true lifestyle change instead of just looking for a quick fix, I'm 100% sure you will be able to get rid of your excess weight and keep it off! Nevertheless, the attitude in the video is very good and really something to think about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTJQIBI1oA

Replies

• Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow:wink:
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    obesity doesn't affect your quality of life at all
    What complete and utter rubbish. I'm 27 and way into the obese mark on all the charts and it most certainly HAS affected my quality of life. I've been classed as obese for the past year (combination of meds and giving up eating properly because I gained weight anyway, until then I was at the top end of my ideal weight range) and in the past year my blood pressure has gone from normal to high, I'm suffering with back ache, my knee problem is worse than it was before I gained weight and I'm out of breath just walking up the 13 stairs in my house!
This discussion has been closed.