Sex...as exercise

Options
So... Can you count sex as exercise? How would you calculate?

Replies

• sixxkitty
    sixxkitty Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm with you on that, it's got to burn some kinda good calories :) if anyone knows hopefully they will tell us.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    here is a calculator I found. Not sure of its accuracy though since it doesn't include weight and age, but just position, duration, and gender. http://www.sexcalculator.co.uk/
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Two minutes of cardio is no use to me so I class it as resistance. There is always resistance. ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Imo , Things like sex, walking around your house , doing laundry or whatever are considered part of your daily activities so theres no point in logging all of that stuff.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's in my regular activity level, so no.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Um well unless you're having sex for upwards of an hour the calorie burn is going to be fairly minimal. Skipping at full speed for 10 minutes burns only 140. High intensity weight lifting burns between 200-300 calories an hour. So unless you're deadlifting eachother the whole time, some hip thrusting and position changing really won't be doing that much in the calorie department. Why not just go jog for 45 minutes and know you got in a fair amount of exercise.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Um well unless you're having sex for upwards of an hour the calorie burn is going to be fairly minimal. Skipping at full speed for 10 minutes burns only 140. High intensity weight lifting burns between 200-300 calories an hour. So unless you're deadlifting eachother the whole time, some hip thrusting and position changing really won't be doing that much in the calorie department. Why not just go jog for 45 minutes and know you got in a fair amount of exercise.

Exactly. I crack up when i see ppl log sex, gardening for ten mins, and that type of stuff. Its not burning as much as they think.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You can log it if you want...but personally I don't. Its not many calories unless you literally chase each other around the house as foreplay.
  • mkakids
    Options

This. RUNNING a mile only burns around 100-130 calories. So unless you are exerting the effort it takes to run .5miles or more, your talking about less than 50 calories.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Two minutes of cardio is no use to me so I class it as resistance. There is always resistance. ;)

Nice one! :laugh:
  • HollieWould1
    Options
    Why not just go jog for 45 minutes and know you got in a fair amount of exercise.
    Because sex.

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol it's that time of week again

need a sticky for this
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh hey...this thread again.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If it's a part of your normal daily activity...or every-other-day normal daily activity, or once a week activity, or "you cleaned the dishes tonight, thanks!" activity, don't count it as exercise. It's not going to burn as much as the magazines tell you it will burn.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    who posted the joke in the last one about "OP I'm sorry this isn't included in your daily activity"

come back pls :joy:
  • HollieWould1
    Options
    For science, would it be tacky to wear a heart rate monitor when getting it on? I could just pretend it's a handcuff or something.
  • mkakids
    Options
    For science, would it be tacky to wear a heart rate monitor when getting it on? I could just pretend it's a handcuff or something.

IMO, it wouldn't bother me. Or my husband....but with 4 kids ages 7 & under......we're grateful to get any "alone time" at all, lol.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i don't think it burns as much as some online sources claim, but i guess if you do lots of foreplay, lots of heavy making out & doing the deed for a fairly long while, like 2-4 hours then you'd get a burn i guess. i mean if your heartrate is going up & you're sweating/red faced i think it's doing something, but def not as much as going out for a run or cycle would burn. you can log it, but i wouldnt eat those exercise cals back lol
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I always wear my Hr monitor its accurate :lol: