Is Anyone Following Dash Diet

Options
Looking for people following Dash Diet

Replies

• 3rinblack
    3rinblack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out on the DASH diet. I have high blood pressure and and working on changing my lifestyle.
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What is Dash Diet??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just glanced at it, looks an awful lot like the old-school food pyramid.
  • kermie_88
    kermie_88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just recently started the dash diet because I need to lose weight not because of heart issues. Doctor says I am healthy, just overweight. Which to me is still not healthy. Lol. Doctor ordered me to start it when I was ready which was ASAP. Since July 17, 2014 up until tonight July 26 I have lost 6 lbs so far. Not bad for my first week, I would have to say. :)
  • sudofarr
    sudofarr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started the DASH diet on Sunday and so far, I am finding it pretty easy to follow. In fact, it is a little hard to eat enough calories! I never have that problem! I love that it is low carb but allows all the great summer vegetables. I am still in the first two weeks (Phase 1) so no fruit :( and no grains yet but I am looking at a recipe for quinoa pancakes when Phase 2 kicks in.

I haven't checked my blood pressure since I started but I have to say I feel really good and have a lot of enery and that's pretty good in itself, right?
  • LIZABETH50
    LIZABETH50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Where can I find out about this dash diet?
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Where can I find out about this dash diet?

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/hbp_low.pdf